Thread: Tusmorke: Any fans out there?

Tusmorke: Any fans out there?

In anticipation of the new Wobbler LP I've been reading up on them (and the Norway scene in general) and this name kept popping up. So I listened to everything I could find (on YouTube) and HOLY COW!!! Why have I never heard of these guys before? Jethro Tull meets the Incredible String Band? This is so up my retro-loving alley.

I see they have four albums out (with a fifth out next month). Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanking all of you Prog experts in advance.

Scot
    The Prog Corner

I only have the first, iirc, but it's very good. They've been pretty prolific, but I have yet to prioritize picking up subsequent releases. Do a thread search. There have been a couple other threads on them, or at least were mentioned at length, and there may be some recommendations in those.

Big fan from their native country Norway here. This past Saturday I saw them perform songs from their forthcoming album in front of an audience consisting of mostly children with their parents. The album is called Bydyra , and they have announced it as a record for children. The material sounded quite progy still. As for favorite records, I guess I would go with Riset Bak Speilet or Hinsides. But all their records so far are good imo.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

They're a very good band but I don't see any musical references to I.S.B. The strightforward Jethro Tull influences had been fairly moderated after their debut, as they went to a rather full prog territory, closer to the Caravan/early Black Widow sound. Their first three albums are a must i.m.o. but all their discography makes for a rewarding listen.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Start with Riset Bak Speilet. And then get the debut, which is the only one with a significant amount of singing in English.

A very fine band. They perform *a lot* around these quarters, also at children's events - having recently finished an album specifically targeting little ones. Great fun and completely unpretentious, they'll typically draw hundreds of people to their gigs. Perhaps one of the Yes renditions can act as support for them sometime in the future. They too are entertaining.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Start with Riset Bak Speilet. And then get the debut, which is the only one with a significant amount of singing in English.

A very fine band. They perform *a lot* around these quarters, also at children's events - having recently finished an album specifically targeting little ones. Great fun and completely unpretentious, they'll typically draw hundreds of people to their gigs. Perhaps one of the Yes renditions can act as support for them sometime in the future. They too are entertaining.
    You have no idea how good you have it, do you? At least King Crimson is coming to Ohio next month...
    The Prog Corner

Been enjoying their new release "Fjernsyn I Farver" all morning. You can hear it on Progstreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    Been enjoying their new release "Fjernsyn I Farver" all morning. You can hear it on Progstreaming.
    Oh my!!! This album is going to be bonkers!!!
    Just to update, I now have the first four records but skipped the kids album, Bydyra. Of those, I am obsessing over Fort Bak Lyset. The Grieg reference on the opening track kills me. Thanks for all the comments and advice! I knew I could count on this crew.
    The Prog Corner