Thread: Security Project: West coast shows 2016

Security Project: West coast shows 2016

I just saw that The Security Project (the Gabriel tribute show that includes Trey Gunn and Jerry Marotta) is coming to San Francisco on May 25th. Looks like it's just a west coast tour for now. More info here.

Here's the blurb on the Goldenvoice page:
    Members of King Crimson, Shriekback and Peter Gabriel's original band bring these timeless masterpieces into the 21st Century. Trey Gunn (formerly of King Crimson) and Michael Cozzi (Sky Cries Mary, Shriekback) join world renown Drummer Jerry Marotta (formerly Peter Gabriel band for 11 years) and NY keyboardist David Jameson to harness the core of these songs, and now develop them into uncharted territories. Added to the pedigree of these players is the Lead Voice of Brian Cummins from England. His interpretations add haunting authenticity to these immaculate and often spell-binding arrangements.

This is a special event for the release of their new CD, recorded live in Europe. These recordings are a first – no one has dared take on Gabriel's material at this level before.
    Anyone in the Bay Area ever been to the SF Social Hall?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I saw the band a couple of months ago here in Northampton at the Academy of Music and they bring the goods. Highly recommended.

I'm really sorry I missed this when they came to the Hudson Valley some time back.

I've got tix to see them in Seattle in May.

Got tickets for Santa Cruz, been to the Regency Ball room which is in the same building but not in the Social Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by markowitz View Post
    been to the Regency Ball room which is in the same building but not in the Social Hall.
    Ah, it's the downstairs space at the Regency. Thanks.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I just got an email offering 2-for-1 tix for the San Francisco show on 5/25. Sadly this means it's not selling well, but it's good news for my wallet!

The email also mentioned that Barry Cleveland and Amy X Neuburg are being added to the show. I'm guessing each will come on stage for a song or two (Amy has covered Gabe-era Genesis in the past). Should be a great concert.

JKelman posted this live album on Facebook this morning. Given that I live in West Bungfuck North Dakota, this is the closest I'll come to hearing this music.

http://music.securityprojectband.com/album/live-1

The vocals are sensational
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Just picked up my tix for Portland...does anyone know if they are still doing Moribund the Burgermeister on this tour?
    "So it goes."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I just got an email offering 2-for-1 tix for the San Francisco show on 5/25. Sadly this means it's not selling well, but it's good news for my wallet!
    Interesting. The first show sold out in Seattle, so they added a second show. Though they are playing a very small theater.