Thread: HRH Prog 4

HRH Prog 4

No mention yet of this festival last weekend so I thought I'd post a few quick thoughts;
    - an excellent weekend of music. Despite being close to nowhere it does seem a well run and attended festival.
    - Curved Air didn't make it and were replaced with Purson who I really enjoyed. I'm seeing Curved Air on their UK tour shortly so I wasn't too disappointed.
    - The Enid remain a mystery to me but as usual went down an absolute storm.
    - Edgar Broughton with an acousitc guitar is something of an aquired taste.
    - On Friday and Saturday the organisers seemed to get the headliners and second headliners the wrong way round. On Friday Soft Machine went on last after Caravan. I'm a huge Soft Machine fan but not everyone is charmed by their music and plenty of people left after Caravan. On the Saturday, again I love the Von Hertzen Brothers but the crowd did thin out after Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull. I'm sure there's a good reason why they put them on in that order. Von Hertzen Brothers done a meet & greet afterwards which I couldn't stay for as I was immediately driving back up to Scotland.
    - Highlight of the weekend according to my son (who spent most of the weekend at the sci-fi convention on at the same time) was a live performance by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. I'm glad I stayed to see Focus who were excellent.
    - Soft Machine were my highlight with one great tune after another (Hazard Profile/ Kings and Queens/ Facelift etc). John Etheridge announced the John Marshall was extremely unwell, which of course is not so great. He introduced a Karl Jenkins tune saying he was now "Sir Karl Jenkins" having been knighted for his services to Soft Machine. I never had Her Majesty down as a fusion fan.
    - A few little (lo-res) clips below;

Quote Originally Posted by Yeswave View Post
    No mention yet of this festival last weekend so I thought I'd post a few quick thoughts;
    - an excellent weekend of music. Despite being close to nowhere it does seem a well run and attended festival.
    - Curved Air didn't make it and were replaced with Purson who I really enjoyed. I'm seeing Curved Air on their UK tour shortly so I wasn't too disappointed.
    - The Enid remain a mystery to me but as usual went down an absolute storm.
    - Edgar Broughton with an acousitc guitar is something of an aquired taste.
    - On Friday and Saturday the organisers seemed to get the headliners and second headliners the wrong way round. On Friday Soft Machine went on last after Caravan. I'm a huge Soft Machine fan but not everyone is charmed by their music and plenty of people left after Caravan. On the Saturday, again I love the Von Hertzen Brothers but the crowd did thin out after Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull. I'm sure there's a good reason why they put them on in that order. Von Hertzen Brothers done a meet & greet afterwards which I couldn't stay for as I was immediately driving back up to Scotland.
    - Highlight of the weekend according to my son (who spent most of the weekend at the sci-fi convention on at the same time) was a live performance by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. I'm glad I stayed to see Focus who were excellent.
    - Soft Machine were my highlight with one great tune after another (Hazard Profile/ Kings and Queens/ Facelift etc). John Etheridge announced the John Marshall was extremely unwell, which of course is not so great. He introduced a Karl Jenkins tune saying he was now "Sir Karl Jenkins" having been knighted for his services to Soft Machine. I never had Her Majesty down as a fusion fan.
    - A few little (lo-res) clips below;

It was well organised. Saw some great bands, good times.