Thread: Adam Holzman Talks Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree, Miles Davis, Wayne Shorter & More

Adam Holzman Talks Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree, Miles Davis, Wayne Shorter & More

Hey everyone,

Innerviews has a new interview with Adam Holzman, who is rapidly becoming a prominent voice in expansive rock circles. I did a new interview with him talking about his involvement with SW, how PT has influenced his solo career, serving as Miles Davis' musical director, working with Wayne Shorter, and a lot more...

Have a look: http://www.innerviews.org/inner/holzman.html

Wonderful, insightful interview. A very long thread can prolly come out of this little blurb Adam says about Miles Davis- "He also really liked “Owner of a Lonely Heart”".
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I forgot about that -- yes, this is probably the first mention of Miles Davis being a Yes fan.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    OMG, a keytar!

Great interview.

Excellent read. Seems like such a thoughtful, down-to-earth guy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Yeah, that was a great interview (as usual). To be honest, I knew absolutely nothing about Holzman before reading it (other than the obvious, that he is in Wilson's band that I've seen twice, and that he was a "jazz guy"). Now I'm very curious to check out his albums.

Thanks for this, very interesting.

Thanks. Nice to see some words about The Fents. Loved their first album.

A recent jazz-rock project he was in, but which wasn't mentioned is The Avengers with Beledo.

Good stuff, Anil. Thanks!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Really enjoyed that, thanks!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***