Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Future Kings Of England News?

Intriguing...will stay tuned...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Sweet!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

New AA single releasing March 27th as Albion Mills, name change is due to original bassist/singer James MacRae, from when they were Carpet Ride, rejoining the band.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Looks like 2020 was a wash for them, hoping we see a new release this year.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I have some future Kings of England news: William and Harry have a strained relationship, after Harry and Megan were interviewed by Oprah.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    I have some future Kings of England news: William and Harry have a strained relationship, after Harry and Megan were interviewed by Oprah.
    Fortunately, it won't be Harry...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Listening to “…Mother Orvis” now, listened to it once or twice before. My only exposure to the band so far. Just what the Doktor (sic) ordered for right now - a rare hour of peace!

Are there any news? I love the band and it would be nothing short of amazing to hear new music!

I’m curious, too, but not hopeful.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Resurrecting this old thread because I played the first album for the first time in so long today, and greatly enjoyed it. I moved home a year ago, and find myself in a village very close to their home town, and for the first time the name Humber Doucy Lane actually meant something to me. I always enjoyed the track but now it’s also a road I drive down often, and the name always triggered something distant in me, but I could never quite place it.

Shame they haven’t released anything new ina while, and I never did get that fourth album, so I am going to find myself a copy somewhere.

Huge fan and I would love if they released something new. I love all albums but that first one might just be my favourite. Great band!

Checked their activity under their new name Albion Mills and they appear to have become a 60's and 70's cover band.
    Ian

The King is White and In the Crowd........

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Checked their activity under their new name Albion Mills and they appear to have become a 60's and 70's cover band.
    I will try and see them at one of their gigs, they play very close to home. It seems they haven’t left the psych completely behind, they played a Floyd covers set in the summer, but I would love a set of their own music. There’s a pleasant folk-tinged pop tune on their Facebook page, the creative urge is still there.

I'll certainly check them out if they release anything, they are one of my favorite totally under the radar bands.
    Ian

Mine too, its great to reconnect with the first three albums, and it adds poignancy knowing the music was created only a few miles down the road. I'm on Discogs now searching out the fourth.

There is a CD release on their record label page, but it is only a single (CD or Vinyl) called Nutopia...

https://backwaterrecords.com/shop?tag=Albion+Mills

^ Thanks for posting this link. I ordered the EP and DVD, which completes my FKOE collection.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Thanks for posting this link. I ordered the EP and DVD, which completes my FKOE collection.
    I don't have the DVD, but I picked up the EP too and found the fourth CD on Discogs, so I am complete on the music too.