Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Sabbath: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Pete, that's pretty much how I feel. I grew up on Black Sabbath so I'm really hoping for the best. But Ozzy's solo career hasn't done much for me in a very long time. "The Devil You Know" on the other hand is actually very good, IMO!
    Yeah Steve, I also love that album. I'm sure H&H had a lot left in them had Ronnie not died. Tony & Geezer obviously still have some riffs & ideas up their sleeves, so hopefully they can coax something out of Ozzy and make the reunion album worthwhile. Crossing my fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Is this your way of showing scepticism?
    Yes, by quoting the Rolling Stones
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I'm really up for this! They said they wouldn't do anything new unless it could stand aside their classic work.
    I read from many sources,like their website and Wikipedia, the Rubin instructed the boys to "play like it's 1969, and you're recording your first album again"(or something to that effect). Also, I heard from the same sources that Adam Wakeman will be featured on the album. Maybe he can bring some of the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath magic that his father brought?

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Pete, that's pretty much how I feel. I grew up on Black Sabbath so I'm really hoping for the best. But Ozzy's solo career hasn't done much for me in a very long time. "The Devil You Know" on the other hand is actually very good, IMO!
    Ozzy solo? I like "Over The Mountain" (his best song, IMO) and "Bark At The Moon"—for the video which shows Don Airey pitch-bending down an octave while wearing his keytar.

And THAT is about it!

Banned
    I heard recently that Ozzy was involved in a house fire, and he was cut(or something). Hope this won't interfere with the album recording.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I heard recently that Ozzy was involved in a house fire, and he was cut(or something). Hope this won't interfere with the album recording.
    Yeah, apparently he and Sharon left some candles burning and went to bed, and their living room went up in flames. Ozzy's hair got burnt and mild burns on his face trying to put it out, and he also cut his arm that had a cast on it trying to snuff out the flames.

Quote Originally Posted by sotdude View Post
    Yeah, apparently he and Sharon left some candles burning and went to bed, and their living room went up in flames. Ozzy's hair got burnt and mild burns on his face trying to put it out, and he also cut his arm that had a cast on it trying to snuff out the flames.
    Did Satan was sitting there smiling? Watching those flames get higher and higher?

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    Did Satan was sitting there smiling? Watching those flames get higher and higher?

Oh no, no, please God help me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sotdude View Post
    I don't think that's appropriate to joke about that. I sure hope Ozzy is ok.

That's our JIF, always out to moderate.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    That's our JIF, always out to moderate.
    Hey, not trying to be a moderator. Just don't that people should make fun of Ozzy.

Hey, not trying to be a moderator. Just don't that people should make fun of Ozzy.
    I certainly understand your perspective. However, Ozzy has mad such a fool of himself over the years that one cannot expect much discretion when talking about him. I find myself defending him to all of those who only know him as that waste product on that utterly moronic show. An unfortunate career move, at best.

Fun is how sensitive some people can be on that old jerk. He'll be alright, don't worry. Doctor's on the way.

Banned
    I certainly understand your perspective. However, Ozzy has mad such a fool of himself over the years that one cannot expect much discretion when talking about him. I find myself defending him to all of those who only know him as that waste product on that utterly moronic show. An unfortunate career move, at best.
    Hey, give the man a break. He was on drugs back then. I feel bad for Jack having MS.

Banned
    Just read on the Classic Rock website that a recent interview with Geezer was done, and 13 may not be the album's title.

Ozzy has stated there's only 1 Black Sabbath & that includes him, Iommi, Butler & Ward. So w/o Ward, what will they be called? Heaven and Hellion? Black Sabbatical?

Charcoal Gray Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Ozzy has stated there's only 1 Black Sabbath & that includes him, Iommi, Butler & Ward. So w/o Ward, what will they be called? Heaven and Hellion? Black Sabbatical?
    I'd have loved to have seen his face when he first heard Heaven & Hell. He probably couldn't believe his then-ex-bandmates had cut an album that fukn good. The vocals probably threw him into a weeklong depression.

I bet the others felt pretty much the same when they heard "Blizzard of Ozz," and Randy's playing.

Banned
    I bet the others felt pretty much the same when they heard "Blizzard of Ozz," and Randy's playing.
    On That Metal Show, there was a showdown of Heaven And Hell vs Blizzard Of Ozz.

THIS is Black Sabbath
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'll be interested in what they end up putting out. No high hopes though.
    Did like H & H more than I expected to.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JSS View Post
    I'll be interested in what they end up putting out. No high hopes though.
    Did like H & H more than I expected to.
    Thanks for putting this thread back on track.

On That Metal Show, there was a showdown of Heaven And Hell vs Blizzard Of Ozz.
    I assume H&H "won."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    I assume H&H "won."
    I honestly can't remember.