Thread: Night of the Prog Festival!

Night of the Prog Festival!

The Musical Box, Spock's Beard & Neal Morse and RPWL to perform at prog event in Germany

Has anyone been to this festival?

Night Of The Prog have announced their lineup for the festival at Loreley Amphitheater from July 15-17.

Spock's Beard & Neal Morse, Anekdoten and Subsignal will perform on July 15 (Friday), while RPWL, Gens De La Lune and Seven Steps To The Green Door are scheduled to play on July 16 (Saturday).

Genesis tribute act The Musical Box, Magic Pie and Lifesigns will wrap up the festival on July 17 (Sunday). More acts will be revealed in due course.

A number of exclusive performances are also set for the event. The newly reunited Spock's Beard & Neal Morse will perform iconic 2002 album Snow live, with all past and present members.

The Musical Box will also play Genesis album Foxtrot and other rare songs which they have never before performed live.

I'm going to this festival. Is anybody else?

We went in 2011. Best fest ever. Enjoy!
    Too rich for our blood right now. Expensive trip from the States.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I was there last two times. Going to keep this tradition.

Seven Steps to the Green Door!! Would love to see this band, however this festival is out of the question.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silantyev View Post
    I'm going to this festival. Is anybody else?
    Hopefully. If not, clap very loudly!

Aargh, too bad I have to miss this year too... Never been there, but I would love to go someday.

Loads of other bands that will be there:

Hawkwind, Fequency Drift, Lazuli, Knifeworld and Carl Palmer Band etc. etc.

I have been there the two last festivals. Really great both times. Last year was totally amazing.
    I will attend this year also but with a little less expectations. Not any of my favorites this time.
    But it will surely be great anyway, with all music, this wonderful venue and nice people.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Would love to see Knifeworld and Hawkwind, I'll be drunk in a Yorkshire fishing village that weekend
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'll be drunk in a Yorkshire fishing village that weekend
    Again?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Would love to see Knifeworld and Hawkwind, I'll be drunk
    Me too. I probably won't be in Germany or Yorkshire at the time though. Are you heading to Staithes, Robin Hood's Bay or elsewhere?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Again?
    35 years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    Me too. I probably won't be in Germany or Yorkshire at the time though. Are you heading to Staithes, Robin Hood's Bay or elsewhere?
    Robin Hoods Bay.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Really looking forward to this. We (Knifeworld) will be getting there the previous evening to watch Hawkwind. I haven't seen them since the late 90's, apparently they're very much on form at the moment.

I'll be drunk in a Yorkshire fishing village that weekend
    Isn't that a Be-Bop Deluxe song?

Jefferson James
    I realize some here consider this fluff, inconsequential, formulaic, but your band never sounded this good.

I love the "Snow" album and to come across this footage delights me. An absolutely inspired performance, not without a clam here and there, but considering the scope of the album they just killed it. The expanded line-up brings so much to the music.

I go round and round with Neal Morse music, he does seem to be bit repetitive with regard to certain musical ideas, but I think "Snow" was the start of a golden era for Neal's songwriting, for me. My favorite stuff is "V", "Snow", "SMPTe" and "Bridge Across Forever" (which I consider a true classic, a legit contender for my favorite prog-rock album of all time). Since "Testimony" I haven't quite been fully on board and I think it's just because he puts out so much music I just don't wanna keep up anymore.

But just those four albums alone, to me, firmly place Neal Morse in the Pantheon of the Old Guard Prog Gods.

Snow heads, enjoy if you haven't seen this. If you love the album, this'll blow your socks ON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHemaK7FgeU

He puts out so much stuff and in each thing he does there's so many notes that I'd imagine it difficult to be "on board" for it all. I did enjoy Snow at the time so I'll check this out.

Uh.... have you heard his very first solo album, self-titled, made while still in Spock's Beard? It came out after Day For Night, before V.

It belongs on your list....

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    I realize some here consider this fluff, inconsequential, formulaic, but your band never sounded this good.

I love the "Snow" album and to come across this footage delights me. An absolutely inspired performance, not without a clam here and there, but considering the scope of the album they just killed it. The expanded line-up brings so much to the music.

I go round and round with Neal Morse music, he does seem to be bit repetitive with regard to certain musical ideas, but I think "Snow" was the start of a golden era for Neal's songwriting, for me. My favorite stuff is "V", "Snow", "SMPTe" and "Bridge Across Forever" (which I consider a true classic, a legit contender for my favorite prog-rock album of all time). Since "Testimony" I haven't quite been fully on board and I think it's just because he puts out so much music I just don't wanna keep up anymore.

But just those four albums alone, to me, firmly place Neal Morse in the Pantheon of the Old Guard Prog Gods.

Snow heads, enjoy if you haven't seen this. If you love the album, this'll blow your socks ON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHemaK7FgeU