Thread: Analogplanet Visits Sterling Sound and Interviews Mastering Engineer Ryan K. Smith

Analogplanet Visits Sterling Sound and Interviews Mastering Engineer Ryan K. Smith

Note that Smith says he does about 40% vinyl cutting and 60% CDs/Digital. He studied and worked with George Marino for many years.

Some interesting highlights as I've seen so much misinformation around here in recent months.

For vinyl:

1. He does not have to cut any high frequencies.

2. Vinyl has a greater frequency range than CD.

He's done a number of mastering jobs for Analogue Productions that are quite nice - particularly the Living Stereo series.

A lot of good reviews were written about the master of music -Ryan K. Smith. I think that a lot of people would be wowed if they could read that interview. If you could really have a chance to write a review on the interview, I am sure you would like to proofread your essay here .

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    Note that Smith says he does about 40% vinyl cutting and 60% CDs/Digital. He studied and worked with George Marino for many years.

Some interesting highlights as I've seen so much misinformation around here in recent months.

For vinyl:

1. He does not have to cut any high frequencies.

2. Vinyl has a greater frequency range than CD.
    Jeff, you need an interview with someone who cut discs in the late 60s/70s/and early 80s to prove your point, or there's so still going to be "so much misinformation around here."
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Quote Originally Posted by StevegSr View Post
    Jeff, you need an interview with someone who cut discs in the late 60s/70s/and early 80s to prove your point, or there's so still going to be "so much misinformation around here."
    You think George Peckham, Bob Ludwig or any number of legendary vinyl cutters would think that vinyl didn't have the ability to sound incredible in the 60s and 70s?