Thread: Crium Delirium

Crium Delirium

Not sure how many here are aware of these guys but their 'Concerts Live 1972-1975' CD release is quite interesting. French underground band who often tread similar ground to Gong from the same time period. What is frustrating if the kind of hodgepodge nature to the CD, and it is sometimes very difficult to truly understand the development of their sound at the time. Very little of it seems to be from actual live concerts, and much of it seems quite tweaked with modern technology, like added digital reverb and wacky stereo ehancement.

There are some jams that easily could have been taken from a 1973 Gong concert and some synth ideas that could have been outtakes from You. Really weird release and apparently now very expensive and OOP.

Anybody know these guys? I guess they opened for Gong. There is at least one concert where this is documented; June 19, '73 in Lille, France.

Did any of their music ever appear on any compilations back at the time of their existence? It's really hard to get a feel for what they were really about at the time via this posthumous release. Aparently there is also a book about them and the psychedelic French rock underground, written by Lionel Magal; complete with DVD?

They recently reformed (I wasn't able to attend their recent Paris show, although it was only 15 minutes from where I live), albeit without some of the original members - Thierry Magal died a few years ago, and synth player Loy Ehrlich is busy with Didier Malherbe's Hadouk Trio. They didn't release anything back in the day. They famously opened for Kevin Ayers & Decadence in Fontainebleau in December 1972 when Gong attended and Malherbe jammed with Ayers' band, which included Steve Hillage, leading to Hillage joining Gong soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    They recently reformed (I wasn't able to attend their recent Paris show, although it was only 15 minutes from where I live), albeit without some of the original members - Thierry Magal died a few years ago, and synth player Loy Ehrlich is busy with Didier Malherbe's Hadouk Trio. They didn't release anything back in the day. They famously opened for Kevin Ayers & Decadence in Fontainebleau in December 1972 when Gong attended and Malherbe jammed with Ayers' band, which included Steve Hillage, leading to Hillage joining Gong soon after.
    Interesting info.

Surprised these guys didn't at least find their way onto some obscure French compilation, record a single or something ...

The music on the CD is quite impressive and it just seems odd that they would not "officially" record anything during their prime.

Crium Delirium's drummer, Lionel "Fox Le Renard" Magal in New York (1978)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    They recently reformed
    From what I've heard they will also release the "Psykedeklik Box" item that contains 2 vinyls, 3 posters, 1 book of 156 pages, 1 CD ("Power To The Carrots" reissue), 1 tour road movie on DVD. Distributed probably by Harmonia Mundi.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    From what I've heard they will also release the "Psykedeklik Box" item that contains 2 vinyls, 3 posters, 1 book of 156 pages, 1 CD ("Power To The Carrots" reissue), 1 tour road movie on DVD. Distributed probably by Harmonia Mundi.
    Seems the book and DVD are already available. Anybody have this?

http://atheles.org/lemotetlereste/ca...ium/index.html