Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emerson's Moog

Weird thread. People unrelated to KE deciding what should happen to his stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    Weird thread. People unrelated to KE deciding what should happen to his stuff..
    Aye, just consider who the OP is for this thread, and the quality of his "contributions" to PE over the course of time...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    Weird thread. People unrelated to KE deciding what should happen to his stuff.
    Well, the guy's coroner report is already available in mint condition on Ebay, and the crime sheet, bank account data, diaries and health journals are apparently on their way there as well.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    Aye, just consider who the OP is for this thread, and the quality of his "contributions" to PE over the course of time...
    How long time should pass before an interest in where his modul synth should end up wouldn't disturb anybody?

I too find it perhaps mentally a bit early, but nothing to bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Depends on what you want to do, and how clever you are at using it. I know a lot of people who've modified those old Casio and other similar instruments (as well as things like the Speak And Spell, etc) to do things they weren't original meant to do.
    E.T. used a Speak and Spell to get home. And that was in 1982!!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    How long time should pass before an interest in where his modul synth should end up wouldn't disturb anybody?

I too find it perhaps mentally a bit early, but nothing to bitch about.
    Reminds me of the old Rolling Stones interview...(paraphrased from memory for you PE anal-retentives... )

INTERVIEWER: So when's all the bitching gonna stop?

KEEF: I dunno....ask the bitch!
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    Well, I only said I wondered what would happen to it.

I think this is a legitimate question. Emerson's modular is a unique musical instrument. Not only that but it is historical one, as well, not just because of Emerson's use, but that it was built for and used at, if not the first, at least, one of the earliest live synth performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    E.T. used a Speak and Spell to get home. And that was in 1982!!
    Well, more precisely, he used the Speak And Spell as part of the apparatus he used to call his people so they could come back for him.

Can always count on you to nail down the details, Chris.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

My original post about Rachel/Moog was nothing more than sentimentality, and was never intended to be realistic. I wasn't aware (and I'm sure that most here weren't as well) of the Emerson family tree, or would not have posted my knee-jerk sentimental reaction, tho' some did think it had merit.

And to rockcup in the Netherlands, truly sorry for your loss, young man.

Discerning all types of subtlety/intent from printed words when one doesn't have the advantage of reading either body language or intonation is impossible, though in the highly flawed world of cyberspace it runs rampant.

Man, do we need an en masse tutorial here about how to how to pull in antennae and remove corks from asses. Wish I was qualified to teach it, but I'd be a student as well.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Forgive me if someone has mentioned this potential future home for the Moog already...

http://moogfoundation.org/projects/the-moogseum/

Hi Progeezer, I don't understand what you mean ,maybe my bad english? ;-)

"And to rockcup in the Netherlands, truly sorry for your loss, young man."

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    Hi Progeezer, I don't understand what you mean ,maybe my bad english? ;-)

"And to rockcup in the Netherlands, truly sorry for your loss, young man."
    Probably not your bad English, but my reading your post "This is his grandson" as you yourself being his grandson. OOPS!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    For those who don't know the proper pronunciation is "mogue" as in "mode" not moog as in "dude." I'm not sure what bugs me more when people mispronounce that or when they say Neil Peart as in "pert."
    It's a bit like Van Gogh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Can always count on you to nail down the details, Chris.
    Would you believe I haven't seen that movie in over 30 years?! My brother and I saw it in the theater in 82 or whenever it was, then I think I saw it again once or twice when it was first shown on TV, and I don't think I've seen it since. I had planned on buying the DVD boxset, but I didn't act fast enough, and after awhile, you couldn't find it a reasonable price (same thing with the Close Encounters DVD boxset).

Progeezer: "but my reading your post "This is his grandson" as you yourself being his grandson"

Its a long time ago when i have that age. I posted this because i see some similarities with grandpa.