Thread: Fun new interview with Alex Lifeson

Fun new interview with Alex Lifeson

...features some stories that we haven't heard over and over again. Interviewer is a member of the Rheostatics, for anyone who know them.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Gray, dreary, wet f*****g day here in Madcity.

Thanks for the laugh out loud ray of sunshine. He really should do stand up.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Great stories!

Hilarious!
    I'm very familiar with the Rheostatics by the way. They played them a lot on The Edge 102.1 back in the day.
    Rush are my favourite band and they are such good guys.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    Hilarious!
    I'm very familiar with the Rheostatics by the way. They played them a lot on The Edge 102.1 back in the day.
    Rush are my favourite band and they are such good guys.
    Yes they did get airplay back in the 90s I remember. Neil Peart drummed on one of their albums, which prompted a ton of Rush fans to go out and buy it and be disappointed when it was nothing like Rush!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Rheostatics "2067" has some good songwriting and tasty synthesizers at points.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Gray, dreary, wet f*****g day here in Madcity.

Thanks for the laugh out loud ray of sunshine. He really should do stand up.
    I used to think that about Stan Whitaker of Happy the Man. I even mentioned it to him once but he kind of shrugged it off.

As for RUSH they definitely seem to have a strong sense of humor(often a very goofy one which is fine by me).

Kind of rude imo that the host didn't bother to shake Alex's hand(and yes it is his responsibility not Alex's).

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yes they did get airplay back in the 90s I remember. Neil Peart drummed on one of their albums, which prompted a ton of Rush fans to go out and buy it and be disappointed when it was nothing like Rush!
    I didn't know about Peart drumming on one of their albums. I did like a couple of their songs though.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

I just looked them up and the one song I really dug was "Claire" back in the day. These guys were so Canadian, I need to pick some of their albums up.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

I didn't know about Peart drumming on one of their albums. I did like a couple of their songs though.
    Yep, on Whale Music.

I just looked them up and the one song I really dug was "Claire" back in the day. These guys were so Canadian, I need to pick some of their albums up.
    As Canadian as April Wine?

So cool that he mentions Angel!!! I would have loved to see Angel and Rush on the same bill!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Whale Music

Never understood why someone from Rush plays on another album and the expectation is that it should sound like Rush. Same with the solo albums.

I wasn't disappointed. Just like I'm wasn't disappointed when Alex plays on a Dexters album.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I used to think that about Stan Whitaker of Happy the Man. I even mentioned it to him once but he kind of shrugged it off.

As for RUSH they definitely seem to have a strong sense of humor(often a very goofy one which is fine by me).

Kind of rude imo that the host didn't bother to shake Alex's hand(and yes it is his responsibility not Alex's).
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't the beginning of their time together. Too bad more of it wasn't captured.