Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steve Hackett Tour

I was like row H on the far right side, on Roine's side.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I too was at the show and found this tour to be the perfect compliment to the last one! I'd have to say the last one was probably bit better (with that setlist and all), but this was right up there. Can Utility and Cinema Show were worth the price of admission alone.
    And Get Em Out by Friday too, at the show I was at. Great stuff.

Yeah, I enjoyed that one too!

Looking forward to the show tomorrow in Durham.

Probably going to hole up for a while at Ramblers or some other fine beverage establishment before the show.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I too decided to go to the Atlanta show. Very good show ( of course!) and I really liked the venue. These symphony orchestra venues are all about the sound. It was stellar. Another highlight for me was running into Krista Phillips from Rosfest. Great to see you Krista. Hope you enjoyed the show.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    These symphony orchestra venues are all about the sound. It was stellar.
    The sound quality in Montreal was flawless in both theaters at Place Des Arts we've seen Steve.

The thing I love about Steve is his sound quality and players are flawless---he really knows how to give a great show---unlike my other favorites who are so sloppy and inconsistent.

Just saw Hackett in the hotel lobby. Didn't have the nerve to bother him (though I'm sure he would've been very gracious). Looking forward to the show.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Just saw Hackett in the hotel lobby. Didn't have the nerve to bother him (though I'm sure he would've been very gracious). Looking forward to the show.
    My wife has met Steve more times over the years than I have. She chatted with him at the Trenton Nearfest in the hotel lobby, and way back in the '70s this list's Brett (who was for years a music jouranlist for various Boston papers) invited my wife to join him before a show at the Paradise to meet Steve (we went to college with Brett). Very approachable and gracious gentleman. We had him sign a copy of Kim Poor's Genesis Lyrics Illustrated after a Paradise show back in the '70s as well.

That was a good show. I'd probably lose my shit over it more were I a bigger fan of Genesis or Hackett's solo stuff. The whole band felt a little ... clinical. And the bass was muddy as shit. Everything else was clear. But like I say, glad I went and glad I bought the box set beforehand.

Looks like my next show is Swans, so that'll be different.

I was there tonight, 2nd row. Up close for this one. Fantastic.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

A couple clips from the Atlanta show..

'After The Ordeal' is sounding very nice. I always liked it, never got why Tony Banks didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I always liked it, never got why Tony Banks didn't.
    Too much guitar.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.