Thread: Peter Hammill announce 2 shows in Canada...

Peter Hammill announce 2 shows in Canada...

Per Peter Hammills twitter:

I'm delighted to announce two solo shows in Canada: June 1st Club Soda Montreal and 2nd Salle Sylvain Lelievre, Quebec City.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    Per Peter Hammills twitter:

I'm delighted to announce two solo shows in Canada: June 1st Club Soda Montreal and 2nd Salle Sylvain Lelievre, Quebec City.
    Oh, how I hope he ventures a bit south and does a few dates in the NorthEast

Cool, maybe he'll wander south!

Nothing more than just the two French Canadian dates this time, unfortunately.

I just made an instinctual buy and scored a pair of tickets for the Quebec City show. One of those uniquely Quebec type seating arrangements - 4 chairs at a little candle lit table near the stage. Can someone suggest a nearby hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Cool, maybe he'll wander south!
    Oh, I'd definitely travel to see PH in June.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Thanks for the news!

I phoned Club Soda in Montreal and tickets are not yet on sale ... probably at the beginning of next week. Have to keep an eye on their social media for the on-sale announcement.

Hey Bucka001, i know this handle name

Are you coming up for these shows? Think he'll add more dates in NA? He made such a big deal about the work visas last time here...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I just made an instinctual buy and scored a pair of tickets for the Quebec City show. One of those uniquely Quebec type seating arrangements - 4 chairs at a little candle lit table near the stage. Can someone suggest a nearby hotel?
    If looking near the venue, there isn't much. Mostly run down motels around there for $80 or less. There isn't much to do in that area aside from the show.
    Old Quebec is a 35-40min walk away with some very nice places but it's pricey that time of year.. $130-$300+ a night at least.
    If you are driving, there are cheaper options closer to the airport with standard amenities $90-$120.

Great to hear he is back to activity,
    I vowed I would go and see him if he has a show in Europe or closer, still waiting patiently...

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdays View Post
    Thanks for the news!

I phoned Club Soda in Montreal and tickets are not yet on sale ... probably at the beginning of next week. Have to keep an eye on their social media for the on-sale announcement.
    They went on sale this morning on the website, general admission $54.25 CAD all in.

Man, I'm hoping he throws in a Toronto date while he's here. I don't think I can swing Montreal in June.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Couchnoise View Post
    Hey Bucka001, i know this handle name

Are you coming up for these shows? Think he'll add more dates in NA? He made such a big deal about the work visas last time here...
    Sean, is that you?! How's it going? Nah, just these two shows this time around ( I asked PH a few days ago), no other NA shows. Too far for me. Have fun, though!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Describes our PFM show in Montreal last November. So cool.