Thread: Linda Perhacs Kickstarter for 3rd album

Linda Perhacs Kickstarter for 3rd album

Great news! Linda Perhacs is one of my favorite discoveries over the past 5 years (intoduced to me via this thread: http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...-Linda-Perhacs).

She released one album, Parallelograms, in 1970 and then disappeared from the music scene. In the meantime, the album became a cult classic. I can't even begin to describe it, but it features haunting multi-layered vocals with a dreamy quality.

Linda herself didn't even realize how esteemed the album was until someone finally tracked her down. Encouraged, she ended up releasing a 2nd album in 2014, The Soul of All Natural Things which is also excellent.

So, check out her prior work and also The Dancer, the first song from her forthcoming album. (I'll post links to some samples in replies to this note.) If you like what you hear, consider supporting Linda's new album. (You can get the new album at a reasonable price plus other premium goodies if you so desire.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...he-third-album

Opening track to her first album:

Her newest song, "The Dancer." Great new song!

https://youtu.be/l6W9fqAVpG0

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm all over this like prog on rice!

Suspended
    I have the first two albums, and I think the second, The Soul of All Natural Things, is possibly even better than the first.

Apparently there were serious problems with the original production and pressing of Parallelograms, so much so that when Linda received her own copy she threw it away. The later remasters that you can buy now have rectified these issues.
    Last edited by bob_32_116; 03-10-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Suspended
    Some interesting choices among the albums displayed behind her, which I presume are albums that she owns. The Beatles are not so surprising, perhaps - but The Knack?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Apparently there were serious problems with the original production and pressing of Parallelograms, so much so that when Linda received her own copy she threw it away.
    Crazy, old, psychedelic lady! I just pledged, but I'm not sure I trust her with my money. She might spend it all on cat food or something.

I find her music pretty nice and like the way she presents herself... But 20,000 is a lot. She says she wont make the album if she does not reach 20,000. If she 0nly
    reaches 15,000 does she still get to keep the $$$. ?
    Still alive and well...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    I find her music pretty nice and like the way she presents herself... But 20,000 is a lot. She says she wont make the album if she does not reach 20,000. If she 0nly
    reaches 15,000 does she still get to keep the $$$. ?
    According to Kickstarter:

If a project isn't successfully funded, no one pays anything.

Ahh.. I see. Thanks.
    Still alive and well...

Oh, this is cool. I am in.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Nice to hear that Fernando Perdomo is co-producing her new album, and also worked on her 2nd one a few years ago. He's the main guitarist and bassist on Dave Kerzner's New World album. I saw Fern all over the ship during the last Cruise to the Edge, where Kerzner's band performed. Great musician, his performance with Kerzner's band was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Nice to hear that Fernando Perdomo is co-producing her new album, and also worked on her 2nd one a few years ago. He's the main guitarist and bassist on Dave Kerzner's New World album. I saw Fern all over the ship during the last Cruise to the Edge, where Kerzner's band performed. Great musician, his performance with Kerzner's band was impressive.
    Almost every time I had a meal on CTTE, Fernando was there! Funny. I didn't know he had worked with Linda Perhacs - cool!

Gerard, I didn't know you were there!

Surprised no one mentioned, but Linda Perhacs cancelled the campaign. But she says there WILL be a new album this year, they are just using a different approach. Her update sounded pretty positive.