Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Company/Bad Company 1st album 1974 some beautiful vocals from Mr rodgers

I can't stop playing....Deal With The Preacher.

What a groovy, funky song.

Like someone said, the first album like Boston’s first defined the genres to come. Seagull reminds me of an underappreciated ballad like Soldier of Fortune on the Stormbringer album.....
    Heavy radio play.

The bass in Moving On is excellent both in production and playing

That 2cd anthology which came out in the 90s is well worth having, has a few (then) unreleased tracks and B sides.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Anyone here a fan of the Brian Howe era of Bad Company? They had some pretty big hits and I think several of the albums are really good. "Holy Water" and "Dangerous Age" were both on constant rotation in my car when they came out.
    Mick Ralphs is always worth a listen but they did become more and more like Foreigner during the 80's. I thought the best record Bad Co. did during this period was the one with Robert Hart on vocals. That had some good stuff on it.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    Mick Ralphs is always worth a listen but they did become more and more like Foreigner during the 80's. I thought the best record Bad Co. did during this period was the one with Robert Hart on vocals. That had some good stuff on it.

Bill
    I saw them live with Hart and he sounded very similar to Rogers. Howe had a very different voice, but still very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I can't stop playing....Deal With The Preacher.

What a groovy, funky song.
    My favourite Bad Co song. Wish it featured more on the live albums & DVD's out there

Just saw Bad Co. earlier this month at the Ohio State Fair. Foghat opened. It was like 1975 all over again!!!

Paul's voice is still amazing!!! My favorite albums by them are the incredible debut and Desolation Angels. Great stuff.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Straight Shooter is their best album.
    Yes, it seems so to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I only have the first Bad Co. album and Fire And Water from Free. I agree that Paul Rodgers is one of the great voices of rock. Both albums are great. I need to get a few more albums by both bands. I had the pleasure of seeing Paul live around 2002 or 03. He did all Free and Bad Co. songs.
    I have everything by Free, even the 5Cd box called Songs From Yesterday, - worth to have, there are some unreleased material, and the new mix sounds great. I recommend to continue with Free - get their first, and their last albums ( that's Tons of Sobs and Heartbreaker). If you would like them, then get the rest of the Free. Bad Company's first 4 are essential, as been said by many, and their live albums from 2002 to 2011 are great too.