Thread: Billy Sherwood Interview

Billy Sherwood Interview

Billy talks about Yes, Chris Squire and his latest solo album.

http://mulryne.com/yesmusicpodcast/a...d-citizen-216/

Thanks. Too bad about the occasionally dicey audio during Billy's interview, but I guess you get what you get with Skype. But it's always good to get new interview material, and there were some good questions. I get the feeling Billy was being a bit diplomatic when asked about the circumstances surrounding his involvement with Heaven and Earth, though he's smart enough to know that criticizing Roy Thomas Baker is not in his best interest.

And it's a bummer that Steve is being a Scrooge about any new recording, though Billy's take that they need to use touring to demonstrate that the band are still a going concern on as wide a geographical scale as possible makes sense for the time being. But I have to believe that at some point Billy's going to start pushing for them to do some new studio work.

Lastly, please take this as just IMHO, but Deidre's poetic recital of the lyrics to "Gates of Delirium" struck me as a bit Spinal Tap. Again, IMO. Others may love it. Plus I imagine that Mark's high marks for Keys to Ascension (8 out of 10?) and his love for Open Your Eyes will receive a mixed reception with some around here!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

There is also a new interview with Billy where he answers questions from fans:

http://yesworld.com/2016/04/askyes-q...-6-april-2016/

This quote from Billy caught my eye: "On a personal note…. I believe in the band so much so that I could see a huge renaissance if you will by making a great new exciting fresh YES record and then touring that record. I am always forward thinking and always project a positive path forward… for me YES has a lot more to give and I hope to be there !!"