Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phil Collins announces comeback concert

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Have bought the first two reissues incl. the collectors box.
    They're obviously saving the best till 'cos Testify is just awful. Plodding ballads with a drum machine. It is easy to see why he called his solo career a day after this release.
    Phil has stated that they deliberately are not releasing them in order of original release just to keep people on their toes (my words, not his).
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Philly steak and cheese

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Philly steak and cheese
    With provolone, of course.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    With provolone, of course.
    Is that what the official Philly steaks have? What is the big deal really with the Philly steak/cheese in Philadelphia? Are they really better there?

Is that what the official Philly steaks have?
    Many put Cheez Whiz on them, but I'm not in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie
    What is the big deal really with the Philly steak/cheese in Philadelphia? Are they really better there?
    Yes
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    They're obviously saving the best till 'cos Testify is just awful. Plodding ballads with a drum machine. It is easy to see why he called his solo career a day after this release.
    You just found out Testify is awful? I remember that fateful day in Japan as I went to HMV to listen to Testify at the new releases corner. I searched and searched but... nothing. I walked away thinking, "But man, what a great musician and song writer back when he was good!"
    Last edited by yamishogun; 03-03-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Is that what the official Philly steaks have? What is the big deal really with the Philly steak/cheese in Philadelphia? Are they really better there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yes
    Well, it depends on what you're comparing it to. Pretty much anywhere in eastern PA is worth having a steak sandwich. I currently live in western PA and it's like night and day. Luckily, in the last few years a handful of places are doing it well. I always use the steak sandwich to judge if they're worth going back to.

Using Cheez Wiz is an abomination. I'd go with almost any cheese before I'd use that fake crap.