Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prog T- shirts

Proud to have bought a MoeTar shirt from Moorea at one of their local gigs, not on the website.
    I also have a Nektar shirt from the last tour. Other than that, fusion t shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Thumbs View Post
    A friend of mine has a great shirt, it says Bob Marley and has a picture of Jimi Hendrix. Commercially bought, I believe it is intentional.
    A recent trend with other variants...

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...productid=1644

Not prog, I suppose, but my favorite band shirts would be these custom-printed originals:

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I would really LOVE a "RASH" T-shirt. I bought a Yes t shirt a few years back but lets face it, a 60 yearold bald man in tye-dye just looks about as desperate (and gay) as anything one can imagine...

...Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    Not knowing "RASH" (I assume it's not a typo) I don't know why there WOULD be anything wrong with it. And I never thought of tie-dye as a gay thing, more just a hippy/New Ager thing.

What's the idea with the mismatched name /picture Ts? Making fun of the kids wearing shirts of artists that they don't know?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    What's the idea with the mismatched name /picture Ts? Making fun of the kids wearing shirts of artists that they don't know?
    Or to mess with people looking at the shirt who don't know the bands.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

whoa, band shirts. a pet subject of mine. i am pushing 4X and i still wear them – in moderation. go figure.

the immanent problem is prog's longevity and the fact that it is only a t-shirt after all. outside views can range from “cool band, you were there?” to “gosh, why are you still wearing that…”, especially when there are actual tour dates / years in play.

regular flaunts: my CARDIACS little man one, an IQ:ever from 1994, a RUSH vintage logo shirt and – if feeling particularily rakish – either my MARiLLiON “clutching at straws” (1987) or “season’s end” (1989). i still have an “operation: mindcrime” (QUEENSRYCHE) somewhere! how sad am i…

that said, i am still looking for the one which says “i hate all your favourite bands” on the front. that would be cool.

I used to make a lot of my own shirts in high school and college. Couldnt find any worth a damn so I did the screens myself. Wish I still had some of those. I need another cool Soft Machine shirt!

I have dozens of hard rock and metal t-shirts, and a dozen or so various Cardiacs/Sea Nymphs t-shirts.

The only prog t-shirt I have is a Pink Floyd Division Bell era. Unless you count Uriah Heep as prog as well.

Jimmy Herring (came with the order of the album):

jimmyherring_shirt.jpg

The so called Ibby shirt from Happy The Man, which I bought while I visited the USA for the first time when attending Nearfest 2000 (Guy Babylon wears it in this video)

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    3) NEARfest 2003 - neon green with the Roger Dean Lizard. I love this shirt and its just super quality - looks amazing still after 13 or so years.
    Nice! A little bit of trivia for you... My wife and I vacationed in Roatan for spring break 2003. Outside of our hotel, there were always geckos sunning themselves or scurrying around the building on the walls and railings. About half way through the week, I turned to her and said, "You know what? A gecko would be a cool idea for the NEARfest shirt this year!" So, when I got home, I called Roger and he was all for it. I love the colors that he used for it. When speaking to Michael Bennett, I suggested placing just the gecko on the front of the shirt like it was climbing the wearer, just like the walls in Roatan.

Later, I re-purposed the gecko for the NEARfest Records logo (with his permission).
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Too many to list.

They seem to eventually wind up in that vortex that socks go into in the laundry though and vanish though! So any fave is only one for a few years and then, POOF!
    Well, the "District 97 with John Wetton and The Music Of King Crimson" is the best t-shirt, right?

Suspended
    A guy who goes to my wears SHORTS if you please, with the name "Venom" emblazoned on them. I think it's the only time I've seen anyone displaying their fandom on anything other than a T-shirt.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I have a black U.K. T shirt with a monochrome reproduction of the 1st album cover that I bought when I saw them in '78.
    I also have (somewhere in my house) a banner that was used to advertise the 1st album that a friend talked a clerk into giving him.

My best t-shirts have come from the bands' websites:
    The Tangent - awesome artwork
    Spock's Beard
    Glass Hammer
    The Flower Kings
    Syzygy
    Kansas

Not all prog, but all cool!

Magma
    Magma (homemade, so it has an orange logo on black)
    Mahavishnu Project
    MC5
    King Crimson ITCOTCK
    Dizzy Gillespie
    Sun Ra
    Sonny Rollins
    Charles Mingus
    John Coltrane

And
    Pink Freud- a clever parody shirt (http://www.philosophersguild.com/Pink-Freud-.html)
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Not knowing "RASH" (I assume it's not a typo) I don't know why there WOULD be anything wrong with it. And I never thought of tie-dye as a gay thing, more just a hippy/New Ager thing.
    11725319-large.jpg

A couple I would love to have but I hear they were not for public sale were the Rush R-40 tour shirts: "ARF - 40" & "ARRR - 40"

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Well, the "District 97 with John Wetton and The Music Of King Crimson" is the best t-shirt, right?
    It gets my vote!

Oh man, I have tons.

Progfest '95 shirt

2 Landberks (same shirt)

2 label promo shirts for Nektar 'Recycled' that are fucking awesome, and 2 Nektar tour shirts

ELP 1st tour with a big hole in the front

10cc 1st album promo shirt

Rush Farewell To Kings tour shirt (yes, I bought at the show)

Kraftwerk Man Machine German promo shirt

echolyn 1st album, Suffocating, and ATW shirts

Numerous Progday shirts, including a "Security" one for one year....there's only like 5 of them

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    Rush Farewell To Kings tour shirt (yes, I bought at the show)
    A nearly 40 year old t-shirt? You must have never worn it. Tell the truth, you bought it and had it vacuum sealed. Or maybe frozen in liquid nitrogen?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post

Anyone know a good source for buying on-line prog shirts by more obscure bands like VdGG or older album cover-like shirts like Lamb or Court of Crimson King?

http://www.oldskoolhooligans.com/cul...-t-shirts.html

Good quality, interesting selection, OK prices.

hatfieldopt.jpg

Ordered this plus the Henry Cow one in tan
    Last edited by chalkpie; 03-01-2016 at 09:12 PM.

I don't wear concert t-shirts much anymore, but here's a few favorites

Cardiacs
    Jack o the Clock
    Necromonkey
    Tull 72
    King Crimson - Discipline
    Magma Endless Tour

I know RASH is RUSH's alter ego and is sort of an in joke by the band but I am not really sure why they have t shirts for it. I think people who don't know who RUSH is just won't understand it so ultimately it's an in thing by and for the fans. They could go one step further actually. Instead of a shirt that says Alex and Geddy and Neil there should be one that says Dirk and Lerxst and Pratt. That will really have the casual fans scratching their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    I like the Hackett Genesis Revisited shirt I got a little over a year ago. It has the stock part of his Gibson Les Paul with his name on it. I don't particularly care for black t-shirts and most concert shirts are black so I skip them. This one isn't solid black so I grabbed it. I also quite liked the Tab in the Ocean shirt I was able to pick up at a Nektar concert (Nearfest 2002 or maybe the US tour they did a couple of years later).

Anyone know a good source for buying on-line prog shirts by more obscure bands like VdGG or older album cover-like shirts like Lamb or Court of Crimson King?
    ITCOTCK is available from DGM:

http://shop.schizoidshop.com/t-shirts-c13.aspx

They were selling them at the concerts last year, but I went for the Red 'power meter' shirt instead, even my wife approves of it.