Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Crimson - Live in Toronto 11/20/2015 - Live Album

King Crimson - Live in Toronto 11/20/2015 - Live Album

Solicited thru Burning Shed via this morning's email.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/ki...duct/313/7339/

Yeah, I'm not too good at waiting. DLing now.

And now listening. Life is good.

I wonder if this will become a DVD at some point.

I'll probably give it a few months.

DLed the FLAC, made a 320bit AAC copy for my phone; for my phone; Will listen as I drive today.

Finally, a complete concert, and a dream come true track list! Life is good.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Man this already sounds better than the Orpheum disc
    A vie, a mort, et apres...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Solicited thru Burning Shed via this morning's email.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/ki...duct/313/7339/
    I got that e-mail. It was entitled "King Crimson, Essential Server Maintenance, Prog Magazine, Candlemass, Shipping Now / Back In Stock‏". I though Essential Server Maintenance was an unusual name for a band.

Digital works for me. After packing boxes upon boxes of music this weekend... I cant buy another friggin' physical cd or record anymore. This is too much to move again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I got that e-mail. It was entitled "King Crimson, Essential Server Maintenance, Prog Magazine, Candlemass, Shipping Now / Back In Stock‏". I thought Essential Server Maintenance was an unusual name for a band.

I got it too, together with the DMG-mail (but that one didn't have the ESM-warning, ....and:
    "Offered for a limited time with no shipping to US customers, and greatly reduced shipping for rest of world."

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I wonder if this will become a DVD at some point.

I'll probably give it a few months.
    Give it a few years and it'll be a 40-disk CD/DVD box.

Anyhoo: I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I thought Essential Server Maintenance was an unusual name for a band.
    I may have finally found a name for my post-prog/post-post-rock project. Thanks !

I'm having trouble with the DGMLive site liking either of my Visa cards. Buggers! They work find anywhere else this morning. Anyone else having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I'm having trouble with the DGMLive site liking either of my Visa cards. Buggers! They work find anywhere else this morning. Anyone else having this issue?
    Nope. And I had to change my card because the old one expired.

Before you rush out to buy that, I note that the release details also say...

In autumn 2016, the band will be releasing their long-awaited and much anticipated first major album - a comprehensive live release, taking the best performances of each song from the extensive set list (which changes nightly) and also including footage of selected performances. The album will be released to coincide with the King Crimson's 2016 European tour
    So there's another live release coming.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

So, singleton said on DGM that there'll be a full video of the live performance in the September release.

Does anybody know how many total number of different songs the band has performed on these tours ?

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    So, singleton said on DGM that there'll be a full video of the live performance in the September release.

Does anybody know how many total number of different songs the band has performed on these tours ?
    Check setlist.fm's statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    Well, no, he said the set will include some video. Sounds like a select handful of songs, from how the blurb is written.

The Toronto set has 15 songs, and there are six more in the repertoire they didn't play that night (Talking Drum / LTIAII / Red Nightmare / Substantial Grounds for the Blues / Scarcity of Miracles / Light of Day). If I'm not forgetting anything, that totals 21. (That's leaving out the three shorter percussion interludes.)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Well, no, he said the set will include some video.
    And it was Sid Smith.

King Crimson announce first live album featuring current lineup, with official bootleg download available now

King Crimson will release their first live album featuring the current lineup in September, the band have confirmed.

It’s headed up with the launch of an official bootleg, available via his label DGMLive now as a download, and on March 17 as a double-CD edition. Mainman Robert Fripp has overseen the “fabbo-to-the-max” performance selection. A free download of Easy Money can be accessed via the sales page.

The recordings all feature Fripp, Jakko Jakszyk, Mel Collins and Tony Levin plus drummers Gavin Harrison, Bill Rieflin and Pat Mastelotto.

DGM say: “How about a full live album gathering together the complete King Crimson setlist compiled from numerous nights and selected performances? In response to overwhelming demand for video of the group’s shows, the multi-disc set will come with selected in-concert footage.”

The bootleg that’s now on sale was recorded at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Toronto, Canada, on November 20 last year. It’s described as “a superb example of the band in full-flight,” and “features some of the best-loved pieces in King Crimson’s catalogue, as well as new material such as Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind and Meltdown.”

Crimson commence a European tour on September 4 at Aylesbury’s Waterside Theatre, before playing in Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, Denmark and Norway. Live album details will be released in due course.

King Crimson Live In Toronto tracklist

Disc 1
    1.Threshold Soundscape
    2.Larks’ Tongues In Aspic Part I
    3.Pictures Of A City
    4.VROOOM
    5.Radical Action (To Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind)
    6.Meltdown
    7.Hell Hounds of Krim
    8.The ConstruKction of Light
    9.Red
    10.Epitaph

Disc 2
    1.Banshee Legs Bell Hassle
    2.Easy Money
    3.Level Five
    4.The Letters
    5.Sailor's Tale
    6.Starless
    7.The Court of the Crimson King
    8.21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    Well, no, he said the set will include some video. Sounds like a select handful of songs, from how the blurb is written.

The Toronto set has 15 songs, and there are six more in the repertoire they didn't play that night (Talking Drum / LTIAII / Red Nightmare / Substantial Grounds for the Blues / Scarcity of Miracles / Light of Day). If I'm not forgetting anything, that totals 21. (That's leaving out the three shorter percussion interludes.)
    Singleton says " with an accompanying full concert in video ". Pretty unequivocal, no?

You know what this says to me? No new studio album in 2016. The Crim Beast remains in nostalgia mode a while longer.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Well I downloaded it yesterday and listened last night. All I can say is wow what an improvement over the Orpheum release. The band now seems to have really jelled. I'm also very jazzed about the live versions of In The Court Of The Crimson King and Epitaph, songs from the first album that I thought we would never hear again. Looks like they won't be in California in 2016 but I do hope that they will return in 2017. And as others have said I do hope they move beyond the nostalgia machine and eventually do another studio album.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    You know what this says to me? No new studio album in 2016. The Crim Beast remains in nostalgia mode a while longer.

Henry
    Hmmm. Looks like the set had five pieces that were brand-new, if you include the soundscape . +2 other songs from the 2000's. Thus, 7 of the 18 selections werenew or relatively recent.

Wonder how that stacks up to Yes' last tour, he asks rhetorically, knowing the obvious answer.