Thread: Post "Like" Button

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Likey
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Why?
    Because I agree with you.

This is a good suggestion. Why don't you consider this?

There - I just did it.
    Regards,

Duncan

Seriously, though:

We have made a very firm decision not to do any programming on PE. We use the Vbulletin software out-of-the-box, and while we might apply hundreds of parameters etc. to customize it, there is NO PROGRAMMING.

That's how we painted ourselves into a corner with PEv2. To keep it going we needed:
    - A programmer who had tons of time to spend fixing things that broke, or developing add-ons
    - A hosting site that would support the very out-of-date software that had been used to write the system in the first place.

With PEv3, in theory, anyone could take it over from me - because there is no program code to be maintained.

And if the software doesn't have a like button - then PE doesn't have one. I will not write code for that feature and render the system un-updateable at some point in the future.

But if Vbullerin introduces likes as a standard feature of the software, we'll certainly consider implementing it.
    Regards,

Duncan

I can see both sides of this issue. There are many times I look for the "Like" button. Not because I'm lazy......but others have stated a point so eloquently. I wish I had the insight others had.....and the ability to express it so well. I would hate to be on a message board where I'm one of the brighter bulbs in the string.

So, I guess I will continue to advocate for discussion instead of just......... +1
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga