Thread: RIO Festival Needs Y o u !!!!

RIO Festival Needs Y o u !!!!

Please Help this wonderful Festival survive by taking part in this crowd funding campaign

https://www.ulule.com/rock-in-opposition/

Since 2007, the organization of the Rock in Opposition (R.I.O.) has been a challenge, a complex one.

We do this through the commitment of our public partners and a loyal following.

But the financial balance of the festival remains fragile.

In fact, revenue from the 2015 was lower than expected and we must strengthen in 2016 to balance its budget and hope to sustain future editions.

It is the future of Rock in Opposition that is at stake.

DONORS

Over the years, a real family was formed around the R.I.O.

A very large number of fans, absent and present, support the festival from the 4 corners of the world.

We thought, while appealing to your generosity, to offer you a special welcome and allow you to play an even more important part in the festival.

And for some of you to enter into the great family of the R.I.O.!

In return for your donation, we therefore propose to experience more intensely the festival closer to the artists:

- Participation in the opening ceremonies and press conferences,

- Private meetings with musicians, in the privacy of their dressing rooms,

- Access to objects specially made for donors.

We really need you so that this edition of 2016 takes place in the best conditions and that this unique festival continues to stage the fabulous artists who have been guests since 2007.
    Since 2007, the organization of the Rock in Opposition (R.I.O.) has been a challenge, a complex one.
    We do this through the commitment of our public partners and a loyal following.
    But the financial balance of the festival remains fragile.
    In fact, revenue from the 2015 was lower than expected and we must strengthen in 2016 to balance its budget and hope to sustain future editions.
    It is the future of Rock in Opposition that is at stake.
    In advance, thank you all!
    Since the beginning the festival has been based on the encounter between artists and audience from around the world. A special link immediately joined the ROCK IN OPPOSITION to the currents of Japanese progressive music, very much alive in that country. Thus the 9th ROCK IN OPPOSITION 2016 has chosen to host Japanese artists on each of its days: HACO et le NIPPON ELDORADO KABARETT, CICALA MVTAHALF THE SKY. Note that the ROCK IN OPPOSITION is initiated by the arrival of these musicians in Europe.
    The second axis of ROCK IN OPPOSITION 2016 is the French scene. MAGMA is a legendary group and the absolute reference point for a musical style that has emerged and influenced countless groups worldwide. NO NOISE NO REDUCTION (Toulouse), JEAN-LOUIS (Paris), PIXVAE (Lyon) will represent
    Finally and as every year the festival will propose groups coming from all over the world as UZ JSME DOMA (République Tchèque), UPSILON ACRUZ (USA), or APOLLONIUS ABRAHAM SCHWARZ (CH).

https://youtu.be/zwkAtPSK_Nc

OK, I am a RIO Godfather
    I thought that place was reserved for Robert Wyatt
    Didnt even look at all the rewards, just used the opportunity to give back to this festival that gave so much enjoyment to me.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not going this year, but of course I contributed.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'll be there this year & will go with the RIO Family.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I can't go this year, but I was happy to contribute.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'll be there this year too & will go with the RIO Family

Never been to this festival, not going to make it this year but still hoping to attend in the future. I hope there still will be a festival in next years so a (modest) contribution on my behalf.

I'm joining my R.I.O. brothers and sisters in supporting this most worthy cause! Hope to see many of you, again, in September!

Hi Debi!! See you at ProgDay and RIO
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I can't go this year either, but I contributed as well. Bummed to miss this festival!

A very nice campaign, I hope you'll make it to the goal real soon.
    One thing, though: these days, almost the entire prog genre is "in opposition".
    So I suggest you bring to the festival more accessible bands (not mainstream prog, but you know what I mean) so more people will want to buy tickets.
    This year's list of bands is simply too esoteric. That's why attendance is low.
    Good luck anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by uribreitman View Post
    A very nice campaign, I hope you'll make it to the goal real soon.
    One thing, though: these days, almost the entire prog genre is "in opposition".
    So I suggest you bring to the festival more accessible bands (not mainstream prog, but you know what I mean) so more people will want to buy tickets.
    This year's list of bands is simply too esoteric. That's why attendance is low.
    Good luck anyway!
    said the man who happily and repeatedly told me at the first RIO festival - refusing to go away and leave me alone even when I told him to please go away and to leave me alone because he was ruining my breakfast - that he loved Cuneiform's releases so much that he put them all up for free everywhere he could, so that everyone could hear them and appreciate the music.

I think you, of all people, have zero credibility and zero right to be telling anyone what they should be doing in terms of a business model.
    Last edited by Steve F.; 03-04-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'll certainly contribute to this cause once my paycheck is in - meaning monday 14th.! Will donations still be accepted by then?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

The campaign seems to be stuck for a few days, so *BUMP*

Seems to be going better now, at 86% with 39 days to go.
    Ian

Banned
    Done. Jeesh, they're only trying to get about $9K - they must really be on a shoestring...
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 03-14-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Funded, hurray!
    Yay!!
    Ian