Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Man reprimanded for farting at work

Man reprimanded for farting at work

True story...

Social Security Administration takes back reprimand of flatulent worker
    Posted by Josh Hicks on January 10, 2013 at 3:07 pm

It’s hard to keep a straight face on this one, but it’s worth mentioning as one of the strangest cases of alleged misconduct we’ve seen.
    The Social Security Administration officially reprimanded an employee whom colleagues accused of continuously “passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor” that created a “hostile work environment.”
    After the Smoking Gun posted the reprimand letter online, the agency said it withdrew its disciplinary action against the flatulent worker.
    “When senior management became aware of the reprimand it was immediately rescinded,” agency spokeswoman Dorothy J. Clark said in an e-mail to The federal Eye.
    The Social Security Administration said it withdrew the reprimand seven days after sending the letter, which is dated Dec. 10.
    The agency did not respond to questions about the status of the employee and what actions the administration has taken to address the concerns of his co-workers in the absence of a reprimand.
    The letter, which came from the agency’s Office of Disability Operations, cited 60 documented instances of the worker passing gas in his office during a period of about 12 weeks.
    The employee allegedly had episodes as much as nine times in one day, according to a log of the incidents included in the letter.
    Smoking Gun described the employee as a 38-year-old Maryland man working at a Baltimore Social Security office. The site posted what it claims to be a picture of the worker posing with Pepé Le Pew — of all Looney Tunes Characters — at an amusement park.
    The man told a supervisor in July that he would start turning on a fan after releasing bodily odors in his work space, but the manager explained that such action would only “cause the smell to spread and worsen the air quality in the module,” according to the reprimand letter.
    In August, the man said he would purchase Gas X to help deal with his problem, the letter said. But the log shows he continued to release gas regularly for the next several months.
    The worker provided the agency with proof of medical conditions that could prevent him from working full days at times, but the disability operations manager said: “… nothing that you have submitted has indicated you would have uncontrollable flatulence. It is my belief that you can control this condition.”
    The American Federation of Government Employees declined to comment on this matter, and the union’s Local 1923, which represents Social Security workers in Baltimore, did not respond to queries.
    The Washington Post

Wow. That stinks.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wow. That stinks.
    Good thing senior management rescinded the reprimand once they caught wind of it.

Good thing he didn't try to light them with a match. He probably would have been fired.

All he had to do was stop bringing his nephew to work. That fixed it - he didn't have anybody to pull his finger.

Seems like gassive aggressive behavior.

...and here's a little view into the life that is mine. I have a contract I'm expecting to come soon to work at that location. WTF???
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I'd stock up on the Beano, Jimmy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    To be serious for a moment (if that's possible in a thread like this), if someone was farting up a storm at my job non-stop it would become a real issue. Years ago at another job, someone was hired who was from another country and he stunk like hell. Someone actually had to tell him about washing himself with soap. He was genuis engineer but didn't know about soap.
    Last edited by 80s were ok; 01-12-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    To be serious for a moment (if that's possible in a thread like this), if someone was farting up a storm at my job non-stop it would become a real issue. Years ago at another job, someone was hired who was from another country and he stunk like hell. Someone actually had to tell him about watching himself with soap. He was genuis engineer but didn't know about soap.
    Oh, I'd be seriously pissed. He's a slob and doing it on purpose to to get under people's skin.

Obviously he never learned the subtle art of "crop dusting".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...crop%20dusting
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Should have left his dog at home.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

I hear the worker denied it.

Seriously, though, I recall the VP of HR at a company I worked for having to sit down a worker and tell him that his deliberate farting wasn't funny to his co-workers. I guess the guy was making sport of it.

Was his name Le Petomane?
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

80s said:
    Someone actually had to tell him about watching himself with soap.
    Right, because the soap had a tiny camera in it so he can "watch" himself.

Okay that was lame.

God what a funny thread. I read about this guy fartin' up a storm at work last wekk. I figured someone would get bored and start a thread about it .

He must be using Amazon auto rip.

My wife had a coworker who would come in and take his smelly shoes off while at his desk. He would also come back from lunch and start belching loudly. One or two of my coworkers would periodically release a silent but deadly brown cloud in the the lab and then leave. One was a PhD, so no, education doesn't bring maturity or manners.

I used to work with girl who was such a prude that she claimed she never passed gas.

Yet, she was thin. Go figure.

He who smelt it dealt it.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Yes, Ron, you would think a girl who held all her gas in would be larger.

There was an episode of Mythbusters that was never aired. They were tackling the myth that pretty girls don't fart. They made up some panties with a wireless mike and made Kari wear them for a day. The mike was rigged to reverberate through the speakers in the workshop. I believe that she went a good part of the day without breaking one but finally did.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

And when will the disability claims begin to start pouring in?

Or will the person claim that his "freedom of speech" has been violated?

Hee needs to him himself these:

Japanese Company Introduces Fart-Proof Undies

fart = funny
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak