Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iron Maiden!

Iron Maiden!

Holy crap what can I say... if you get a chance to see these guys on this current tour, by ALL means do so. They are just bringing it on such a high level. Man what a show last night was!

They played this past week, Thursday I think. Just couldn't swing it. Concerts during the work week are tough to do.

Only 9 US dates, two of which have already been played. The support act is The Raven Age with Steve's son, George, on guitar. Anthrax will also join them after the Vegas show on the Latin & South America leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    They played this past week, Thursday I think. Just couldn't swing it. Concerts during the work week are tough to do.
    Yeah, they are...but sometimes you just gotta say fuck it! I'll be seeing Steven Wilson on Wednesday which means I'll be lucky if i get 4 hrs of sleep but wtf. I got front row center seats...

As for Maiden, they fell off my radar 30 years ago, but I did see them every tour between '82 and '86. I heard their latest release and meh.... I burned on Dickinson's voice a long time ago....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I worship Maiden. I'm listening to Book Of Souls because of this thread. I don't care if I see them live. I have the CDs. I'd love to see them but not on a Wednesday or Thursday.

If you're into Dickinson and blimps, he's mentioned briefly in this New Yorker article: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...rships-is-born

He's the main investor in a company that build blimps, Hybrid Air Vehicles.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    MSG is closest venue and tickets are resale over $200, nope, not for me.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Costa Rica: ready for Iron Maiden + Anthrax ... this will be my second Maiden´s gig here in Costa Rica!
    Last edited by TCC; 02-28-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Back in the NWOBHM days I was hugely into Iron Maiden, I saw them at Hammersmith in 1982 - that was a gig to remember.

So there is a opening act here tomorrow night? Nice to know that kinda stuff but they never seem to tell us this crap. I saw Anthrax a couple weeks ago and didn't know until I got there that there were two bands before Anthrax and I really could have used those two hours of my life back as the bands sucked.

Thanks for the info. At least I know and can show up early or late, whichever I decide to do.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Seen them in '87 for the Somewhere on Tour and it was a fantastic concert, even if the opening act, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, got booed off stage after 5 or 6 songs. Cost: $22.00. I won't pay $250 and drive two hours, deal with traffic and parking hassles, in the middle of the week to go see Jesus Christ and His All-Star Resurrected Dead Rock Hero Band... maybe on the weekend...
    Last edited by 3LockBox; 02-28-2016 at 04:32 PM.

I got a feeling there will be more US dates this summer.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Back in the NWOBHM days I was hugely into Iron Maiden, I saw them at Hammersmith in 1982 - that was a gig to remember.
    Ahhhh... Happy days!!!

I first saw them in 1981 and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again at Download in June.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I saw them in 82 or 83 as a headliner at Reading Rock Festival, they were excellent.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The show was great but couldn't hear any low end at all, which really sucks as Steve is the star of the band(well, some of the shirts I saw proclaimed Eddie is the star and we can all eff off, but whatever).

Without giving anything much away, they played two of the three long songs. I figured they would do all three but they did two '80's tunes and one somewhat recent that I thought wouldn't be in there as I expected the third epic. Good setlist anyway.

If anyone is ever traveling here to see a show at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, make sure to give yourself hours to get in and get merch. Only one way in, through security and then more lines to get tickets scanned and only one place to buy stuff so a huge line there. Completely stupid. Unless you are staying there do NOT park in the garage. It took me two hours to get home and not all of that was the construction on the roads I ran into. That made it worse, for sure, but that garage isn't big enough for all the cars a full concert brings in. I barely found a spot and I was there two hours before the show. Getting out was so bad I almost could have walked home faster.

Anyway, go see the show if you can. They really still bring it.

Interestingly, Bruce asked how many people were from Vegas and how many weren't, I'd say it was 75% from out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    The show was great but couldn't hear any low end at all, which really sucks as Steve is the star of the band
    I've always found his bass sound to be quite thin, especially live.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Always a must-see!!!
    Prog's Not Dead

Banned
    Iron Maiden live at Belgrade's Hippodrome, 1981

live in Belgrade's Pionir arena, 1986

live in Belgrade's Pionir arena, 2007

Last edited by Svetonio; 02-29-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Banned
    live at Belgrade Arena, 2009

live at Kalemagdan (an open air concert), 2014

I attended all these concerts; Iron Maiden are great entertainers

Last edited by TCC; 02-29-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Seen them in '87 for the Somewhere on Tour and it was a fantastic concert,
    I caught 4 shows all from the front against the barrier:

February 14, 16, 17, and 18

My favorite album and tour from Maiden!

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    even if the opening act, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, got booed off stage after 5 or 6 songs

Hmmm, I never heard about that. I gotta ask Mark and Dana next time we chat. It was a win-win for me as I'm a huge VVI fan. Odd pairing, for sure, considering the way VVI were going for the extreme glam look at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    MSG is closest venue and tickets are resale over $200, nope, not for me.
    I'll be seeing them headline Download and I paid £125.00 for a whole weekend. Bargain!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    The show was great but couldn't hear any low end at all, which really sucks as Steve is the star of the band(well, some of the shirts I saw proclaimed Eddie is the star and we can all eff off, but whatever).

Without giving anything much away, they played two of the three long songs. I figured they would do all three but they did two '80's tunes and one somewhat recent that I thought wouldn't be in there as I expected the third epic. Good setlist anyway.

If anyone is ever traveling here to see a show at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, make sure to give yourself hours to get in and get merch. Only one way in, through security and then more lines to get tickets scanned and only one place to buy stuff so a huge line there. Completely stupid. Unless you are staying there do NOT park in the garage. It took me two hours to get home and not all of that was the construction on the roads I ran into. That made it worse, for sure, but that garage isn't big enough for all the cars a full concert brings in. I barely found a spot and I was there two hours before the show. Getting out was so bad I almost could have walked home faster.

Anyway, go see the show if you can. They really still bring it.

Interestingly, Bruce asked how many people were from Vegas and how many weren't, I'd say it was 75% from out of town.
    Wow, do you live in Vegas? If so, cool. That's the only place I've ever seen a black widow spider.

Yes, JKL, I do live in Vegas. Unfortunately for me. It ain't cool, rest assured of that. I've probably got a few black widows in my laundry room as we speak. Notice the line where I say I'd estimate 75% were NOT from Vegas. It's possibly the only reason they played here(although Ft. Lauderdale and Tulsa don't make any sense at all either) is that they knew they could sell it out as everyone wants to come to Vegas. Having grown up here I just have a different opinion on this place than others but I truly see no reason to ever visit Las Vegas. I live here and know how lousy it is so why everyone else, or anyone for that matter, want's to come here escapes me.

Anyway, the reason I popped in is just a little history lesson I learned from Empire of the Clouds. Here's the link to the real story of the R-101. Not one I had ever heard before.

http://www.airshipsonline.com/airshi...R101_Crash.htm