Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Iron Maiden!

^ I couldn't imagine Maiden straying so far from their usual sound. Yes, they used synths in the past and even piano on the previous album, but I don't think they will experiment with their sound and musical style so radically, especially at this point in time.

So rich, that What If....

Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    So rich, that What If....

I like faux Dickinson better than LaBrie.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    This is a Bruce solo tune. Some asshole posted it as Stratego.
    Aw man, sorry for spreading fake news! Saw the new artwork and fell for it. Would have been refreshing though if they were actually diverging that far...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I really like the Mark Wilkinson artwork for this album!

Here's the real Stratego:

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I always wanted someone to do a song about that board game! I think it sounds pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Here's the real Stratego:

That's more like it. Dig this track a lot more than the first one they released. Either way.....Autobuy.

Downloaded the new album (Shenjutsu) first thing this morning. Listened to it a couple of times, and I'm really liking it a lot.
    Sounds like Maiden - and that's a great thing!

I saw a younger looking guy wearing an IM t shirt at the grocery store earlier.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 07-12-2022 at 11:40 PM.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

The songs I've heard sound like solid Maiden, as expected, although I'm not sure I like the way the voice is mixed.

Arrived today from Iron Maiden's shop. Can't wait to dig in.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I’m blown away by how much I like this.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    The songs I've heard sound like solid Maiden, as expected, although I'm not sure I like the way the voice is mixed.
    Apparently you’re not the only one to think that. Sounds fine to me, but I’m not that picky. The album’s really good! I’d say it’s too long, except every song is at least very good.

The whole album is on Youtube. Listening now. I will purchase the physical product eventually but listening now on YT.

Heard the whole album. Brilliant. I love it. Epic Maiden. Up the irons....

I had to fully enjoy a Maiden record since Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. The new one is solidly very good and I'm tempted to proceed into buying the physical product.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Boy howdy, this new one is good.

It ain't going to change the narrative, but why bother when the narrative has so much giddy-up-'n'-go?

Is there a "gallop" emoji?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post

Is there a "gallop" emoji?
    There should be. Even better would be a Steve Harris with his foot on the amp emoji!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The eons are closing
    lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I saw younger looking guy wearing an IM t shirt at the grocery store earlier.
    Once flashed the devil's horns and said "Up The Irons!" to a girl in her mid 20's at Best Buy. Her and her father had a hearty chuckle at that.

I've only digested the first disc, minus Senjutsu which didn't rip for some reason and I didn't see it. Loving The Writing On The Wall, it's perfect Maiden. Stratego works real well as an opening number from the album even though I know it's not.

Can't wait to get to disc 2 but I'm gonna give the first a few more listens before I do that. Really digging the packaging, the book idea. Doesn't fit on the cd shelves very well but it's really cool to have something I can read instead of a tiny print on tiny papers. It also looks really cool.

Glad they haven't changed after all these years. Oh, they do experiments and there are synths on this but it all works so, who cares? Take us weirdos out of the equation who examine every note of every album and no one would notice the synths and such that they occasionally throw in.

I learned something I've read, so I already knew it, but totally forgot. The cover for the single Wasted Years is a TARDIS. I've only got a pic disc of it and it's hard to decipher it but I got looking at the Wiki for the cover of Somewhere In Time and rediscovered that tidbit.

It's hard to decipher as it just looks like any "ordinary" time machine.

Oh, and Writing On The Walls is easily in my top ten IM tunes. I only have a Mount Rushmore of, in no particular order, Phantom Of The Opera, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Hallowed be Thy Name and Infinite Dreams but this new tune is right there in that GOAT category. Adrian's solo section is so melodic and fitting, he really has a great grasp of writing tunes and solos to fit then throw in Dickinson's great melodies, it's damned near perfect.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16531441453...addb0f26d8858a

I finally bought a physical CD.......Iron Maiden.....SENJUTSU. Found it at B&N. A little pricey ($21.99) but cheaper than vinyl I would guess. Haven't played it yet but did hear it on YT like a year ago. Glad to have it in my grubby hands.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I finally bought a physical CD.......Iron Maiden.....SENJUTSU. Found it at B&N. A little pricey ($21.99) but cheaper than vinyl I would guess. Haven't played it yet but did hear it on YT like a year ago. Glad to have it in my grubby hands.....
    I actually just bought it as well. Only been able to give it 2 good listens so far, but I am digging it.

It's predictable Maiden. I dig it. It's like AC/DC, predictable, comfortable, it rocks. Sue me ...