Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Bands that made only one album but you wish they had recorded more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Yes! Definitely Under The Sun
    Not to be picky but they did release a live type CD called Schematism - Onstage with Under The Sun. This was recorded from onstage microphone as opposed to a full band mix.

https://www.seaoftranquility.org/rev...ontent&id=2240

Atmosphera - from Brazil not to be confused with the Israeli band

Ashtar - showed promise
    Last edited by Camelogue; 04-25-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Not to imbalance the thread....but in my case it's more of a " line up" than a band. And that would be King Crimson in 69" recording their 2nd album instead of Ian McDonald leaving. Which would have meant that Robert Fripp would have compromised with McDonald and Giles regarding a change of direction and their second album being...more overall satisfying, intriguing, and timeless. In a sense...a specific line up that folds is thought by some people a different band. Just the idea that if they continued as a band with new members...it wouldn't feel like the same band...therefore it is not.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Trurl

"Island (the dark Swiss band that released Pictures"

They have a second album Pyrrho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlB98WVFGZY

Wouldn't have minded a second album from Blind Faith or Derek and the Dominos.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Wouldn't have minded a second album from Blind Faith or Derek and the Dominos.
    Derek And The Dominoes started work on a second album, but the drugs and everything else got in the way, and the whole thing petered out.

Quote Originally Posted by StevegSr View Post

Gordon Haskell made one prog album after leaving KC called It Is And It Isn't in 1971 (with John Wetton on bass and backing vocals) and I wish he made 10 more like it!
    it looks like he did make around 10 more albums, according to Amazon

Well this is not entirely accurate to the topic but Genesis did have a new start with Calling All Stations... I would've loved to have heard that follow up!

Without reading the whole thread.. surly someone mentioned Refugee..

Ultraviolet Daydream.

Hopefully, these guys will find enough of time and inspiration to make another excellent album.

For those who unaware:

https://www.reverbnation.com/ultravioletdaydream/songs

So many great Italian bands from the 70's - some of which only released follow-up's 40+ years later. Does that even count?!?! Maxophone, Museo Rosenbach, Alphataurus, etc.

The corollary to this would be: name a band with multiple LP's that you wish had only made one!!!
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    So many great Italian bands from the 70's - some of which only released follow-up's 40+ years later. Does that even count?!?! Maxophone, Museo Rosenbach, Alphataurus, etc.
    There are enough one Album bands from Italy for a multi page thread on his own.

Maxophone ended the band after the death of their keyboardist.
    Museo Rosenbach where set back after the death of their drummer, but Studio Album No.4 might still come.
    Alphataurus are taking a lot of time but Album No. 3 (Working Title: Atto III) will most likley come.

Some would probably have liked 'The New Dawn' to have made more albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bake 1 View Post
    Gobs of good ones so far...didn't see Good God, A.F.T. (Automatic Fine Tuning), Otolithen, Octavo, Broken Wire, LowBlow (ex Tipographica bassist...afaik they only released Mr. Cafe) or The Bang, (I think Ominomo was their only release).
    Otolithen recorded an album BEFORE their Cuneiform release and also a follow up, which was never issued.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Bad Dog U

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    "Island (the dark Swiss band that released Pictures"

They have a second album Pyrrho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlB98WVFGZY
    This hardly qualifies as a follow up album. It is just a few old live recordings released 20 years later.

Mogul Thrash (with John Wetton)

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    it looks like he did make around 10 more albums, according to Amazon
    It is and It Isn't included a few songs with mellotron that produced the King Crimson vibe. I don't believe Gordon Haskell ever sounded like this again. He didn't like King Crimson and its quite hilarious that he screamed in anguish on the track " Cirkus" ....because he couldn't believe what Pete Sinfield was expecting him to sing....OR....the laughter at the closing of "Indoor Games" being totally spontaneous and uncontrollable because he couldn't believe what he was singing. But in the early 70s Crimheads were clueless of that encounter and that left most people believing that the scream and the laugh were both intentional with completeness within 2 nightmarish songs on Lizard. His voice was perfect for Lizard. He sometimes sounded off his words and phrasing with an Irish accent and it was haunting and fitting to the music.

Banned
    I wish Velcro Jesus and the Colostomy Twins had made another album.

Quote Originally Posted by Enid View Post
    It is and It Isn't included a few songs with mellotron that produced the King Crimson vibe. I don't believe Gordon Haskell ever sounded like this again. He didn't like King Crimson and its quite hilarious that he screamed in anguish on the track " Cirkus" ....because he couldn't believe what Pete Sinfield was expecting him to sing....OR....the laughter at the closing of "Indoor Games" being totally spontaneous and uncontrollable because he couldn't believe what he was singing. But in the early 70s Crimheads were clueless of that encounter and that left most people believing that the scream and the laugh were both intentional with completeness within 2 nightmarish songs on Lizard. His voice was perfect for Lizard. He sometimes sounded off his words and phrasing with an Irish accent and it was haunting and fitting to the music.
    I remember on the Behind The Music on Bad Company, Boz Burrell talked about his displeasure with some of the stuff he had to sing as Haskell's successor. He sort of recites a few words, I'm not sure if it's anything he actually sang, or it was just something he made up on the spot, as an example of the kind of "pretentious poetry" that comprised Crimson's lyrics, but he said something "I had had enough of that rubbish", which apparently is what led him down the path to handing the lead vocal duties in his next band over to Paul Rogers.

As far as I am concerned, UK only made one album (s/t). I would have loved to hear another with the same musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    There are enough one Album bands from Italy for a multi page thread on his own.

Maxophone ended the band after the death of their keyboardist.
    Museo Rosenbach where set back after the death of their drummer, but Studio Album No.4 might still come.
    Alphataurus are taking a lot of time but Album No. 3 (Working Title: Atto III) will most likley come.
    Thanks for the updates on these groups. I was sad to learn of the deaths in Maxophone and Museo Rosenbach. I took a look at their available albums and realized that I had neither of their 2015 Live in Tokyo performances. I downloaded both from iTunes and listened to them this afternoon. I enjoyed both. It was fun to listen to the song intro discussions by Alberto Ravasini on the Maxophone album.

Yes i was surprised when I checked out his work after KC. It's not bad, but not remotely similar.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    Thanks for the updates on these groups. I was sad to learn of the deaths in Maxophone and Museo Rosenbach. I took a look at their available albums and realized that I had neither of their 2015 Live in Tokyo performances. I downloaded both from iTunes and listened to them this afternoon. I enjoyed both. It was fun to listen to the song intro discussions by Alberto Ravasini on the Maxophone album.
    There is also a third one in this series of live Recordings: "Il Rovescio Della Medaglia" which is also great.

Note that the Maxophone one has an exclusive track with Guardian Angel.