Thread: Funny interview with Geddy Lee

Funny interview with Geddy Lee

I really enjoyed this little interview. Very unusual questions, but Ged seemed in the mood (no pun intended) to answer them. Some of you will have seen this but hopefully some of you haven't - I've only just watched it... interesting to note that "Tai Shan" is his (and Alex') least favourite Rush song!

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Indeed quite funny, thanks for posting!
    http://robmartino.com
    Solo Chapman Stick

Definitely a classy guy. Thanks for that!

there were links to a 3-part 25 min interview with the entire band from 2010. very interesting.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    there were links to a 3-part 25 min interview with the entire band from 2010. very interesting.
    Yes, with John Roberts, who when I was a teenager, was "J.D. Roberts" on Toronto's MuchMusic. He had long hair and played guitar! He also worked a summer job at my Dad's factory when he was a young teenager. He sure made something of himself!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Great! Thanks!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    I love listening to the guys in Rush talk. They are so funny and down to earth.

Boy, do I agree with the Genesis/Lou Reed mismatch comment!

I actually like "Tai Shan," but I can see his point. "If you raise your hands to heaven/you will live a hundred years..." The subject matter just seems out of place for Rush. Amusingly, that was from the period he sported that look which he considered his most major faux pas!
    Last edited by ThomasKDye; 01-12-2013 at 03:09 AM.