Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music to make you feel really annoyed

^'Silly Games' has one of those 'notes only dogs can hear' moments. Yikes!

Don't know what happened to UB40, they were very much a socially-conscious act with their early material, but totally blanded out with all those covers after a while.

'Break My Stride' is vacuous 80s pop at its worst IMHO. Bellowing bombast. See also Billy Ocean's 'When The Going Gets Tough...'- more of that 'motivational' 80s pomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Others on my sh** list

Silly games-Janet Kay
    Red red wine-UB40
    Uptown top rankin-Altea and Donna
    One day at a time-Lena Martel
    Aqua, I'm a barby girl
    Jefferson starship, nothing's gonna stop us now
    Is that your shop list?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It looks like my wifes playlist
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by llanwydd View Post
    Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder. Most annoying song ever recorded.
    yeah that one is painful.......so is Corey Hart's Mullet-Rock* Anthem "Never Surrender"

*000h! I think I just coined a new genre name!

Suspended
    ^^^ I can't understand why anyone would hate "Uptown Top Rankin'", unless they disliked reggae in general.

Quote Originally Posted by aplodon View Post
    Yes and yes!

Two others I can't stand:
    Queen - We Are The Champions
    Queen - We Will Rock You
    they are only good when your favorite sports team wins a championship. When they lose one and the winners play that song....very annoying

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Don't know what happened to UB40, they were very much a socially-conscious act with their early material, but totally blanded out with all those covers after a while.
    What happened was: they covered a Neil Diamond song, and it was a massive hit for them, and they realised that was where the money was.

"Rat In the Kitchen", which was all original songs, wasn't a bad album.

For many years, the song that annoyed me the most was "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners. I still despise it, but the one that overtook it was this, the worst song in history:

... I can't express how much I hate this song. To make matters worse, I was once having a few beers with friends at a local bar, and because of some glitch, the music playlist that played over the speakers in the bar was only playing the same three songs over and over (loudly), and this was one of them. I was in HELL.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Another dumb disco one I forgot, Michael Zager Band's 'Let's All Chant'. Stupid.

So many great selections here. Many make the one hit wonder playlist. So many good tracks listed that go over very well in party playlists.

For annoying songs:
    Anything by Jimmy Hendrix and about 90% of Neal Morse's material.

Plenty more to list later.

Minnie Riperton's "Loving You" annoys me as well, only because there are times when she sings I feel like she just got goosed

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    Minnie Riperton's "Loving You" annoys me as well, only because there are times when she sings I feel like she just got goosed
    I'll second that emotion!
    Still alive and well...

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. I hate when she comes in with that squeal.

Suspended
    By the way, who is this Mark Cohn (or however he spells it) to merit the adulation of DJs who love playing that song "Walking in Memphis"? I never heard of this guy before or since, only that song. I irritates me no end; that pompous pretentious piano styling, plus I have had enough of songs about Elvis. I never liked Elvis much anyway, but even if I had, enough's enough. Anyone would think he was the Second Coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    By the way, who is this Mark Cohn (or however he spells it) to merit the adulation of DJs who love playing that song "Walking in Memphis"? I never heard of this guy before or since, only that song. I irritates me no end; that pompous pretentious piano styling, plus I have had enough of songs about Elvis. I never liked Elvis much anyway, but even if I had, enough's enough. Anyone would think he was the Second Coming.
    I actually like one of his first albums - it has a song called "True Companion" that I like but, overall, he's a little too Blue-Eyed Soul for my tastes..........

On uptown top rankin, -------I mainly dislike it because they sing flat as pancakes, however I do confess I'm not the worlds biggest reggae fan ever, I could cheerfully have quite a bit of Bob Marley in my lists, which I know for some of you would be sacrilege, I guess one mans meat is another's poison. Just remembered another of my pet hates, Telly Savalas-If, my god , he's even more flat than Althea and Donna!!

'Walking In Memphis' spells out its Soul and Authenticity...never a good thing for me. And then there's Cher's cover!

The Number 1s in the UK of the mid 70s arguably show what really must have instigated punk rock. The odd high quality act like ABBA, 10cc, Queen etc. sneaking in amongst a sea of MOR slush and novelties. Yes, 'If' was one of those.