Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "Vinyl" - the TV show

But Olivia Wilde...
    The Prog Corner

Glad it got renewed, I'm enjoying it (have yet to watch the finale though) probably two or three season will be long enough since I doubt Richie could survive much longer than that. - it's not Boardwalk Empire quality but it is a good show with great acting and interesting situations playing out.

When I see the Finestra persona/character, I can't help but thinking of the overplaying od De Niro or Pacino (not to mention that this Cava dude solidly looks like Al's undeclared son, IMHO)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Glad it got renewed, I'm enjoying it (have yet to watch the finale though) probably two or three season will be long enough since I doubt Richie could survive much longer than that. - it's not Boardwalk Empire quality but it is a good show with great acting and interesting situations playing out.
    I pretty much feel the same (have not watched the finale yet either). It is not nearly as good as I was hoping it was going to be, but it has kept my interest and I will probably watch it again next year.

And it won't be repressed, so to speak:

http://pitchfork.com/news/66300-hbo-cancels-vinyl/

Mick Jagger seldom has luck with his 'solo' endeavours, here's another example to add to the increasingly long list. Have to say some of the received wisdom stuff I was reading had been in this show made me never want to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post

Mick Jagger seldom has luck with his 'solo' endeavours, here's another example to add to the increasingly long list. Have to say some of the received wisdom stuff I was reading had been in this show made me never want to watch it.
    The main character Finestra dissed Yes, ELP and Jethro Tull - the show was doomed from that point forward. Don't provoke the Prog Gods! HBO had no choice but to cancel

no tears shed here...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post

this serie has been very successful everywhere but in the US... most likely, it will get bought by another "chain"
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.