Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: RIP Piotr Grudzinski of Riverside

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Watching the Reality Dream DVD, which I just received from Burning Shed. I have the original Reality Dream CD, which was limited but I think got some kind of later release. Anyone remember if there were any differences from the original release?

Been listening to Second Life Syndrome a lot in the last week. What an elegant Gilmouresque tone he had. RIP Piotr.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by YtseJammer View Post
    Someone at the Unofficial Porcupine Tree forum posted this:

"Ok, this is NOT speculation: I've just spoken to a very good friend of mine who has been working with the band for quite a while on their official monographic book and he confirmed that it was a heartattack.
    What happened to P.E.? We were informed here that it was absolutely P.E. and to stop speculating.

Of course it was a heart attack. (OK, unless suicide, which i didn't think of at first.)

Just way, way too young.

From Riverside:

On behalf of the family and our own we would like to thank everyone for the support and your presence in those difficult moments. Piotr passed away unexpectedly of natural causes (sudden cardiac arrest) on Sunday morning (21st February). We have remained with emptiness and open wounds which need time to heal. For obvious reasons we have decided to cancel all concerts confirmed for this year. At the same time we would like to inform you that we are going to carry out this year releases scheduled for late spring and autumn 2016.

Thank you for your support.

http://riversideband.pl/en/

RIP Piotr.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, obviously their emotional healing is what's most important, but does anyone know what those releases are?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, obviously their emotional healing is what's most important, but does anyone know what those releases are?
    They are working on a new album, I don't know if it's full album or an EP. (I think that Piotr was scheduled to record his guitar parts this week.)

The other project is probably a live recording. From their Facebook page : "this year we will have our first 5.1 experience"

you people are so disrespectful, don't talk about how someone died without knowing the actual cause.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    ...You should all be embarassed. A good guy dropped dead at age 40, left behind a wife, bandmates, friends all over the world and these are the things you focus on. How about celebrating the person and his music?

I wasn't monitoring this thread, though apparently I should have done so.

Most of the posts here are genuine in their sadness and RIP wishes, and PE is far less toxic and argumentative than it used to be. But apparently it isn't yet perfect - so I'm closing this thread with a 2 final comments:

1): RIP Piotr. Thanks for the music. We hope your family and friends will find comfort after the shock of your passing.

2): See the Featured CD thread : http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...de-Anno-Domini ... and feel free to talk about the music.
    Regards,

Duncan