Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1779

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Yes, that's who I was referring to although I didn't know his first name. My name has the underscore in the middle but I can understand the confusion. There is also dgtlman. Maybe I should have stuck with analog kid.
    Hmm, now I'm thinking I thought you were one of the other ones - I think dgtlman, who lives in the midwest or central US somewhere.

It makes sense that there would be many Digital Mans. Do you have a force field and a flexible plan? Do you need a bed? BTW, I think there IS an Analog Kid here.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hmm, now I'm thinking I thought you were one of the other ones - I think dgtlman, who lives in the midwest or central US somewhere.

It makes sense that there would be many Digital Mans. Do you have a force field and a flexible plan? Do you need a bed? BTW, I think there IS an Analog Kid here.
    I just looked and there isn't. It was one of my old usernames though(I had several). There are actually two Digital Men (myself being one of them)and one Digital Chick. Also one Digital Unicorn and of course Dgtlman who I mentioned earlier. If I remember correctly I was Analog Kid on the old site then became Digital Man when this site was rendered. Anyway, you probably do remember me you just don't remember that you remember. Thanks for the previous greeting regardless.

Anyone remember a guy from long ago, back when PE was still on Yahell, with the moniker "mahavishnunj"?

He disappeared and I never found out what happened to him. Did he come back with a new name or did he just disappear?
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Anyone remember a guy from long ago, back when PE was still on Yahell, with the moniker "mahavishnunj"?

He disappeared and I never found out what happened to him. Did he come back with a new name or did he just disappear?
    He probably disappeared into the wilds of New Jersey!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Yeah, Allison Rich from Rhode Island. She became a big IQ fan and had a Yahoo group dedicated to live recordings of the band. Dunno what happened to her.
    ow, from Scylla to Charibdis

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    He decided to invest in a bootleg collection of CDs with questionable audio quality. You know, going back to the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Sorry, Mike. There was a Dave who used the same (or similar?) user name. He quit, then came back using a name he'd used in the past.

Caveat - there's another user here called "Digital Man" (compared with your "Digital_Man").
    Wasn't there a guy named Reiss also with roughly a similar unsername?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    ow, from Scylla to Charibdis

Wasn't there a guy named Reiss also with roughly a similar unsername?
    Maybe. That was his last name though. Not first name.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 10-08-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    He probably disappeared into the wilds of New Jersey!
    Maybe the Jersey Devil got him.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by moorglade View Post
    Alysoun. She was a big Landberk fan. She burned a CD of them for me.
    this is dated 2019 so it's relatively recent..

Allison

pretty sure it's her since she told me she was a librarian.

i met her a couple of times here in CT. pizza and chinese lunches. she was giving me some old video tapes that she wanted converted to DVD's. one for her, the other for a friend.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

I almost became a member of the ex-breathing PE members club last saturday, I was on my way to Kingman to visit my daughters who recently moved there. During a snowstorm on 40 a semi jacknifed right in front of me and I couldnt stop in time. My entire drivers side of the car peeled open like a can. I was left with a fractured left elbow, a concussion, too many cuts to count, and whiplash. I have the grodiest black eye - I look like half an Alice Cooper. Anyway, nobody on the scene could believe I was still alive. But I walked away with relatively minor injuries, considering, a few more inches to the right and I would have been split in half. Other people in the crash (it was a 20+ car pile up) were far worse off than me, but no one else had the spectacularly bent up car like I did. Scariest 6 seconds of my life - ever. Still recovering, of course. and will be for some time. I'm still coming to grips with how close I came to pushing up wheat for the hungry.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I almost became a member of the ex-breathing PE members club last saturday, I was on my way to Kingman to visit my daughters who recently moved there. During a snowstorm on 40 a semi jacknifed right in front of me and I couldnt stop in time. My entire drivers side of the car peeled open like a can. I was left with a fractured left elbow, a concussion, too many cuts to count, and whiplash. I have the grodiest black eye - I look like half an Alice Cooper. Anyway, nobody on the scene could believe I was still alive. But I walked away with relatively minor injuries, considering, a few more inches to the right and I would have been split in half. Other people in the crash (it was a 20+ car pile up) were far worse off than me, but no one else had the spectacularly bent up car like I did. Scariest 6 seconds of my life - ever. Still recovering, of course. and will be for some time. I'm still coming to grips with how close I came to pushing up wheat for the hungry.
    Yikes!! Unreal. Thanks to God it wasn't worse but you still had injuries. Sorry to hear that.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

^ Glad to hear you survived without major injuries, Yg.

Holy shit, Jim - I'm glad you're okay!

Scary moments like that give us a new perspective on life! I nearly lost my wife once - did CPR on her for 15 minutes before she was okay (and cracked some of her ribs in my desperation ). It was long ago - but my point is, after that experience, all the annoying little details we complain about become so unimportant. new perspectives...

I hope your recovery will be quick and comfortable. And despite your woes, I did actually "LOL" at : "...I look like half an Alice Cooper"
    Regards,

Duncan

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Wow, glad to hear you're ok!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

%$#@&!! I can't imagine...damn!!

Without sounding crass.....What type of car were you driving? Those things are engineered to crumple, crease & peel away to protect..... To my next car salesman. “I’ll have what he’s having.”

Best wishes for a speedy complete recovery! I imagine a Yodeling Goat is rare and valuable.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Glad you made out okay. Are there any pictures of your car.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

This makes my own highway 12-car pile-up from 6 years ago seem like kids stuff. The most amazing thing was that only one person was injured and it was just a surface/superficial gash. Psychological aspects did more damage than bent metal and fire that burned down two cars, though.

Glad you're still with us, YG.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Wow, glad you're still with us, man! That's scary stuff.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Whoa... That was a perfectly frightening story! You are incredibly lucky to have gone through that and still be with us, YG. Hope you are able to get comfort and rest and be on the road to complete recovery and music-making soon.

Wow, glad to hear you are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Without sounding crass.....What type of car were you driving? Those things are engineered to crumple, crease & peel away to protect..... To my next car salesman. “I’ll have what he’s having.”

Best wishes for a speedy complete recovery! I imagine a Yodeling Goat is rare and valuable.
    Good point. A few years ago my father backended a stopped car on the highway going 75 MPH and walked away with just a broken sternum. He had a relatively new Buick. The design of the car saved his life as it absorbed the impact of the crash. If it had been an older model the engine would have ended up in the passenger compartment and there is no way he would have survived. Car safety has come a long way over the years.

Glad to hear you are okay.

Reminds me on one accident I was involved in as a passenger. The car I was in hit sideways in a tree at my side. I came of unharmed, just some problems climbing stairs.

Jim, you are one fortunate bastard. I hope the concussion effects don't linger. How's the elbow?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

My elbow is a constant ache. My neck and back are doing better, I am able to sleep and I'm still on a fairly high dose of Ibuprofen. When I dont take it I know it. My right eye is blackened badly and I look like half an Alice Cooper. When I get back home I will post a video of the car in the wrecking yard. Pretty amazing. When you see it you'll see just how fortunate I was.

The car was (and WAS is the keyword here) a Lexus Rx 350. I bought it used for my daughter a few years back. Yeah, the car definitely saved my life.

I am still in PTSD mode, I'm having a hard time getting over the emotion of it. I re-live the actual hit over and over again. My brains are semi scrambled, and I forget words, Blurred vision - Doc says that's normal for a concussion. Says it will get better in a few weeks.

Thank you all for your concerns and well wishing. I am still amazed at how nice everyone was at the scene. We really are an amazing people when it comes down to things like this.

Oops..duplicate Alice cooper comment. Nothing like overplaying your comedic redundancy to ruin a clever observation...
    Last edited by Yodelgoat; 03-20-2021 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Redundancy

Godspeed Yodel.