Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1779

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Anyone know about Silent Man?
    Corbie?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    Anyone know about Silent Man?
    Steve doesn't come to PE much anymore, but he's as busy as ever with Velvet Thunder and with his other writing and editing. He's written the authorized biography of Gordon Giltrap and numerous other books focusing on specific bands. I recently bought his Monty Python guide. He's just had one published on Iron Maiden.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

^^^^
    Thanks, Progatron!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Did Manny Mota ever play for the Reds?
    Nope: Giants (1962), Pirates (1963–1968), Expos (1969), Dodgers (1969–1980, 1982).

Thanks for a great laugh at that one. Gotta love Airplane, it still stands up today even with the extreme cheesiness.
    I still quote shit from that movie. Some things were stupid but a lot of the lines/gags are still funny. I think the line I quote the most often is, "I just wanted to say good luck. We're all counting on you." Which comes in handy whenever you want to wish someone good luck. The second sentence, tho, is what throws people. They either laugh or look at you strangely.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    What ever happened to NeonKnight (Terry)? Haven't seen him in quite a while.
    He's still around, on Facebook
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    Corbie?
    Per anporth and myself wondered about Corbie (Andy) a while back and tracked him down on Twitter, where he was reasonably active, but I just looked again and he has not posted for 3 months, but hopefully all is good in his world.

I saw a HUGE thread on Hoffman about new prog releases. I opened one of the later pages and most of the recs came from one person. Some guy called...Svetonio!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Baribrotzer! (John H) Where are you?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Going through some stuff of my dad, I found some cards send to me when my mother died, from Sara and Steve, Kenny Solomon and Rob (Britdude) and Ann (Techgirl).

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Going through some stuff of my dad, I found some cards send to me when my mother died, from Sara and Steve, Kenny Solomon and Rob (Britdude) and Ann (Techgirl).
    That's a special thing, for sure. I remember all of those folks. Kenny was an ardent supporter of ours on his radio show back in the early net radio days.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    That's a special thing, for sure. I remember all of those folks. Kenny was an ardent supporter of ours on his radio show back in the early net radio days.
    I have not seen Kenny in years, but he used to go to ProgDay back in the day and was always a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I have not seen Kenny in years, but he used to go to ProgDay back in the day and was always a good dude.
    When I was traveling to Miami for business in 2015, I called Ken. He still had the same cell phone no. and email address. We had a drink - in the same bar he'd entertained my wife and me about 10 years earlier He was doing well at that time, and had become a biker dude, with a Harley.
    Regards,

Duncan

I would expect that many former members check in from time to time as lurkers, but don't make themselves known. It would be nice if they did, but if they stay out of sight, they probably have their reasons.

Rob (Britdude) is still out there in FaceBook land, and I keep in touch with him there, he seems to have a chilled family life and still enjoys his music.

Two former PE regulars have passed, both from cancer. The beloved Uncle Norm from Chicago and the cantankerous Huques from Montreal. RIP gents.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Sorry to hear!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Found out earlier tonight about losing Uncle Norm to cancer. Hadn't heard anything about him since he had sepsis a few years ago. Had some great times with Norm and greatly saddened I won't see him again.
    RIP my friend.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Norm was a great guy, he'll be missed
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Two former PE regulars have passed, both from cancer. The beloved Uncle Norm from Chicago and the cantankerous Huques from Montreal. RIP gents.
    Belgian Hugues?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Glad I got to see Norm recently at Progday.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Sorry to ask but...what were their handles here?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Found out earlier tonight about losing Uncle Norm to cancer. Hadn't heard anything about him since he had sepsis a few years ago. Had some great times with Norm and greatly saddened I won't see him again.
    RIP my friend.
    Wow, hadn't realized I hadn't seen Norm posting here in ages. I don't think Hugues ever posted on PE3.0

RIP to both.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Belgian Hugues?
    Nope, that one is still alive and well - even if that one also lived in Montreal for two years some almost 50 years ago .
    Hugues was a Québécois proghead enjoying photography and friendly Yves, if I remember well.
    Not sure, I would qualify him or quarrelsome or irascible, but I do remember some mood swings.
    Last edited by Trane; 02-28-2021 at 02:15 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Very sad news... RIP.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Sad news, indeed. Always got a nice word from Norm when I saw him at ProgDay.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.