Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1781

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

At the risk of a “beatlejuice” moment.....I don’t see Jed much anymore....not since the last King Crimson box came out.....
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    At the risk of a “beatlejuice” moment.....I don’t see Jed much anymore....not since the last King Crimson box came out.....
    Check the "All Things Metal" thread.
    Regards,

Duncan

At the risk of a “beatlejuice” moment.....

I have heard that Mike (suppersready101, Vicar Dick Dikinson) passed away a few weeks ago. Can anyone here substantiate that?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I have heard that Mike (suppersready101, Vicar Dick Dikinson) passed away a few weeks ago. Can anyone here substantiate that?
    I hope not. For all his faults I think Mike's heart was in the right place
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I really like him. I know you know him personally Yves. I only met him one time. This would be tragic.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I only met him at a couple of NFs. Had a few beers with him. I thought he came across very differently in person but he was an intense guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I hope not. For all his faults I think Mike's heart was in the right place
    If I remember correctly he privately sent Steve F. death threats. Perhaps Steve can chime in if I'm wrong.

He burned some bridges on social media as well. I seem to recall a few of the old guard who finally just "unfriended" him due to his behavior there.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    If I remember correctly he privately sent Steve F. death threats. Perhaps Steve can chime in if I'm wrong.
    Yes but, you can't hold that against him. Haven't we all threatened Steve F. at some time or other? I mean, the man has been disappointing prog fans for over 25 years!

Yes but, you can't hold that against him. Haven't we all threatened Steve F. at some time or other? I mean, the man has been disappointing prog fans for over 25 years!
    Touché and made me laugh (and give me credit and respect your elders; it’s 40 years now).

Having said that, I genuinely hope he’s dead. Yes, he threatened me and he wasn’t joking.
    Last edited by Steve F.; 07-13-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Death threats on a Prog Forum...... Man....do we live on the edge or what?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Touché and made me laugh (and give me credit and respect your elders; it’s 40 years now).

Having said that, I genuinely hope he’s dead. Yes, he threatened me and he wasn’t joking.
    I figured it was longer but did not have the exact number...

I was making light of something that should be taken seriously, yes. Death threats are no joking matters.

The rumour apparently is true. Mike has passed away, according to people close to him via FB. No details as to the circumstances or cause.

I figured it was longer but did not have the exact number...

I was making light of something that should be taken seriously, yes. Death threats are no joking matters.

The rumour apparently is true. Mike has passed away, according to people close to him via FB. No details as to the circumstances or cause.
    he probably fatwahed a death threat to himself and put it to execution (JK, RIP)

Steve can now live his own death as he pleases
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Close to it.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Is this the Mike who was also the "Analog Kid" and then "Digital Man", tall, and wore glasses, or yet another PE psycho that either was before my time here (late 2006) or I just somehow missed his antics?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Is this the Mike who was also the "Analog Kid" and then "Digital Man", tall, and wore glasses, or yet another PE psycho that either was before my time here (late 2006) or I just somehow missed his antics?
    Different Mike. Digital Man Mike could be clueless but was also well meaning and harmless.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Must have been before your time, Geez. I barely remember him, and I think I've been around since 2002 or 2004. He was incredibly obnoxious, yet seemed to have a group of friends among the old guard.

There was a different guy who went by Supp, wasn't there?

But it was with a sausage patty.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Supp's gone? Wow. Was wondering if he was hangin' with Omega Monkey (Chris) or something.

Death threats...?!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Different Mike. Digital Man Mike could be clueless but was also well meaning and harmless.
    I thought Digital Man's first name was Russ or Reiss (not to be confused with Dgtl Man, still present)

Incredibly pretentious too.

I had never made the link between him and Analog Kid, though.... but in a way, it makes sense
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

There was a different guy who went by Supp, wasn't there?
    That's who we are talking about, Mike Howarth.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I thought Digital Man's first name was Russ or Reiss (not to be confused with Dgtl Man, still present)
    Mike Reiss.

This is related, last 24 hours I've been thinking about mental illness, anger, and substance abuse, and how those things tend to complement each other, in the prog community and elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    That's who we are talking about, Mike Howarth.
    OK, same guy, different screen name. Makes sense, as the Supp incarnation was pretty obnoxious too.

Anyone know Mike's last name? I know several Mike's who went to NEARfest. Curious which one this might be?