Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    That's just how I pictured him, right down to the shoes and the dance.
    He doesn't dance, nor does he dress like that. When he came to my hotel he was wearing a pair of yellow plaid golf pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    there you are you Islander bastard! Too Tall is still well and good leaving a glorious green cloud all over Facebook.

Another old pal that frequented here was ErogenousZone. Good dude.
    Damn! Now you have me missing Vin & Ed.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

What about Laura In Space, the cello player who liked Banco?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    How about running fox? (Was that his handle?)
    I am here on occasion! Actually rather more recently than I have been for a while - I'll leave up to others to decide whether they think that's a good thing or not! Must admit that I did have some epic, drawn-out battles with certain other members of PE back in the day; Yanks and Johnny Quest (in his various guises) being the most notable. Sadly, even though we didn't get along in any form, Yanks passed a couple of years back. As to JQ, all I can say is that I hope he's less of an arsehole in real life than he was here.

I miss a lot of the people who you used to post back in what was arguably PE's heyday: approx 2003-6, especially the like of Mr Toad, whom I thankfully now back in contact with on FB. It was more of a community of (frequently dysfunctional) friends then than a strict prog forum, and all the better for it, imho. Not that it's bad by any means now, and I respect Sean's strictures about what he wants this place be, and the corollary of what he wants it NOT to be - it's just different. It's nice to be back, though...

We're on a roll here
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Anyone remember Kenny Soloman? I forget what his handle was but I've hung out with him. Haven't seen him in 3-4 years. He lives in Broward County so I don't get up that way since I stopped working in Fart Lauderdale.
    I remember him. I think he had a radio-show and has played my music sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    yeah, I miss her!!
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Wish i could remember his name.He lived in Bangalore,India,was very intelligent, a good guy, friendly and knowledgeable about music.He gave me some tips and leads about Indian classical music, especially Carnatic music, which he knew well.

Where art thou,Biffy Elephant Shrew?
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG
    Also, what happened to Levgan, the Russian Cardiacs fan?
    I'm still here every now and then, and of course still a Cardiacs fan!

(By the way, I've seen Steven Wilson play here in Moscow a week ago and spotted a Cardiacs t-shirt on a young guy from the audience, how cool is that?)
    Quote Originally Posted by walt
    Wish i could remember his name.He lived in Bangalore,India,was very intelligent, a good guy, friendly and knowledgeable about music.He gave me some tips and leads about Indian classical music, especially Carnatic music, which he knew well.
    Yup, I know who you mean and miss him too. I also miss a few knowledgeable Gnosis guys such as Mike (sigil23), David (dt) and a few others.

Gregg Kovach. Don't remember his handle, and he wasn't a prolific poster, but he was a knowledgeable guy.

avitar j.jpg
    Wabbit knew his shit, too bad he liked being an A-hole...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    She was in the Auralmoon chatroom last night.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm friends with Laura (in Space) & her husband Noel. We (the 4 of us w/Kay was alive) bonded over our shared personal friendship with Aldo Tagliapietra, both during & after his Le Orme tenure. Kay & I and Laura & Noel have visited Aldo & his family in Italy in the past (on separate occasions), and before Kay passed, we stopped & spent the night with Laura & Noel on the way to NC. I'm pretty sure that simply time constraints (she's doing a lot of consulting iirc) rather than any "bones to pick" w/PE are responsible for her cutting back.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Gregg Kovach. Don't remember his handle, and he wasn't a prolific poster, but he was a knowledgeable guy.
    He's mostly on FB these days; did quite a few trades with him in the past. Good guy.

He's alright. We talk frequently on Facebook. Well, literally 10 minutes ago about the reissue of Both Hands Free.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I miss Troy (aka designshed)

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Avestin was a great source of knowledge and his taste aligned with mine very often. He is missed.
    I liked Avestin as well.

Klonk said:
    Another old pal that frequented here was ErogenousZone. Good dude.
    EZ Ed's all over FB as well.

Old Fart said:
    Damn! Now you have me missing Vin & Ed.
    Dude, get off your ass and join FB. It's painless and you get to keep in touch with 75% of the basement.

Anyone remember the Peanut Butter and Jelly thread and its OP?
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I WILL NEVER SUBMIT TO THE ZUCKERBERG ZOO!! I'll just continue to miss the people who don't throw the occasional post in here. I know I have FB to thank for all the PE deserters that came out of the woodwork & posted on PE when Kay died, and I was indeed grateful for that.

All FB members should wear a t-shirt that says, "Orwell Was Right".

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    I'm still here every now and then, and of course still a Cardiacs fan!

(By the way, I've seen Steven Wilson play here in Moscow a week ago and spotted a Cardiacs t-shirt on a young guy from the audience, how cool is that?)
    Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I WILL NEVER SUBMIT TO THE ZUCKERBERG ZOO!! I'll just continue to miss the people who don't throw the occasional post in here. I know I have FB to thank for all the PE deserters that came out of the woodwork & posted on PE when Kay died, and I was indeed grateful for that.

And let me ask how many Apple products you have??? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    And let me ask how many Apple products you have??? :P
    Actually, zero.

HP Laptop PC (I do eat McIntosh apples however)
    Virgin Mobile Pay-as-you-go FLIP phone that is secondary to my land line home phone

That's all folks!

Actually, zero.

HP Laptop PC (I do eat McIntosh apples however)
    Virgin Mobile Pay-as-you-go FLIP phone that is secondary to my land line home phone

That's all folks!
    I respect that. I have absolutely zero as well, mostly because, IMHO they suck, but also because I refuse to be a sheep. So, I can completely understand your attitude towards FB. I was just hoping for another outlet to keep up with Geezer hijinx!

What's so special about joining FB with regards to Progressive Ears?
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

I especially love the conspiracy theorists there, who want to tell us all the ways our lives are being invaded by covert government agencies, as if the government needed to do anything others than join Fake Book where people readily share every intimate thought and aspect of their lives, not to mention every banality the Internet has to offer. I know what many of these people watch on TV and eat for breakfast, who they're voting for and their religious affiliations. Everybody is in everyone else's business.

Maybe its my own experience and associations by way of family that jades my view of FB. The three greatest aspects of freedom (privacy, indivuality and autonomy) are not celebrated but constantly challenged by the very rightwing nuttery that's convinced we're being overrun by, oh, something, and the only way of staving off certain loss of our liberty is conformity and public professions of faith and patriotism.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

^^ Let's not go here, please. Big brother is watching.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.