Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1779

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Walt says "hi" to everyone.
    Can you tell Walt mozo-pg said he's a great guy, very knowledgeable but also very funny.

Omega Monkey has been MIA for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    So what happened to Omega Monkey?
    He went into a full-on ''I hate everything about Steve Wilson" psychotic meltdown and got called on it. He ended up being well and truly booted after one the most epic flame wars of PE's Golden Age. Unlike a lot of PE's Ubertrolls, however, he never came back to my knowledge. No doubt he had better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    He went into a full-on ''I hate everything about Steve Wilson" psychotic meltdown and got called on it. He ended up being well and truly booted after one the most epic flame wars of PE's Golden Age. Unlike a lot of PE's Ubertrolls, however, he never came back to my knowledge. No doubt he had better things to do.
    I recall many that he was at the center of, but I don't remember that one. Funny times in the chat years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Can you tell Walt mozo-pg said he's a great guy, very knowledgeable but also very funny..
    Kind words, Greg.Much appreciated and the same right back at 'cha.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Fond memories of the basement are bringing a tear to my eye right now, Walt!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Now, I don't have to tell 'im.

Geeze. you old reprobate(emphasis on "old").How the hell are ya?.

"I tried to leave, but they keep pulling me back in!" - Walt

Jess passin thru...........

Waaaaalt!! How the fuck are ya?

Hey Lino.Doing reasonably well,thanks.Hope all's well with you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Geeze. you old reprobate(emphasis on "old").How the hell are ya?.
    Feeling VERY old but according to my doc, there's nothing life threatening yet.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    It appears they might have slipped under the radar again unnoticed, Isle Of Man member banging on about Eastern-European prog again...

https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...l=1#post907291

Keep an eye on this one.
    Gone again. Good. But I dare say there will be another 'comeback'.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Gone again. Good. But I dare say there will be another 'comeback'.
    Surely that must be some kind of record?

It almost seems like a compulsion with them; I don't understand it. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Surely that must be some kind of record?

It almost seems like a compulsion with them; I don't understand it. <shrug>
    'Scuze me for (perhaps) being a bit dense here - or (perhaps) being the voice of wisdom ... but:

Why TF does it matter?

So he floods the boards with videos that you can watch - or not. And if you aren't interested, it takes 1 "Page Down" button to skip past his posts, or about 3 mouse clicks to put him on ignore.

What am I missing, and why is it such an important deal?
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    'Scuze me for (perhaps) being a bit dense here - or (perhaps) being the voice of wisdom ... but:

Why TF does it matter?

So he floods the boards with videos that you can watch - or not. And if you aren't interested, it takes 1 "Page Down" button to skip past his posts, or about 3 mouse clicks to put him on ignore.

It's not a big deal, it's just an annoyance. What's weird is his seeming compulsion to keep coming back and doing the same thing, in spite of being asked not to.

Historically, the bigger deal is his tendency to get into pedantic arguments about music genre. IMO, he doesn't seem interested in any two-way discussion; no exchange of ideas, only asserting his own on everyone else for them to accept.

Yeah, he's an annoyance. I usually put him on ignore. I don't understand why he keeps coming back. Frankly, if I were banned from a site I'd never return. But he keeps coming back, behaving in the same manner again and again. What's the point? And apparently he's even gotten the same reputation on other music forums.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

If you recall, he was given his own sandbox to play in, where he was to confine his YouTube flood, and He. Just. Couldn't. Do. It.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post

Why TF does it matter?

yeah, as long as it's not about insulting or attacking others, I'm not dead set against him...
    I picked him out in the very first few deaubourg days calling him Svet or Svettie and this time, he didn't bother denying... I think he understands that we will always find him out as long as he doesn't change his ways of posting.

It's not a big deal, it's just an annoyance. What's weird is his seeming compulsion to keep coming back and doing the same thing, in spite of being asked not to.

Historically, the bigger deal is his tendency to get into pedantic arguments about music genre. IMO, he doesn't seem interested in any two-way discussion; no exchange of ideas, only asserting his own on everyone else for them to accept.
    Yeah, but TBH, we come here to discover new things musical, and his carpet bombing of Bandcamp or YT clips is exactly in that line.

As for his unusual or totally off-base musical genre opinions, he hasn't done that yet (to my knowledge anyways) under his new moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Yeah, he's an annoyance. I usually put him on ignore. I don't understand why he keeps coming back. Frankly, if I were banned from a site I'd never return. But he keeps coming back, behaving in the same manner again and again. What's the point? And apparently he's even gotten the same reputation on other music forums.
    True enough that he gets kicked out everywhere (even from that Snakeoil forum rotflmao.gif >> that's quite an achievement).
    He even used two different profiles on PA (Kommander Shamaal, if memory serves), but oddly enough I don't think he's returned there (I'm not in the secret of those gods, contrarily to what he imagines).

Why does he keep coming back here??
    Probably because he recognizes that this could be the place where he would fit best and contribute intelligently... as a PE admins, I'd not that that as an insult.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

That's the main point of annoyance for me, not the endless stream of videos that I can skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    As for his unusual or totally off-base musical genre opinions, he hasn't done that yet (to my knowledge anyways) under his new moniker.
    If you check his video-masqued replies of what he considers as 80s/90s UK space/festival/psych, he has just done that.
    Last edited by spacefreak; 07-03-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Hey Lino.Doing reasonably well,thanks.Hope all's well with you and yours.
    All is great Walt, nothing but the same to you my friend!

Whatever happened to "Paige" of ProgRock Records?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Whatever happened to "Paige" of ProgRock Records?
    I have a (albeit admittedly vague) recollection that Shawn Gordon, Paige's boss at ProgRock Records got into some kind of business/financial trouble and they drowned. I welcome any correction(s).

^ ^ ^ ^

Geezer!

'Paige' was a sock puppet. It was Shawn posting.

I was merely being my usual self, having fun by stirring up trouble.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Steve. Please. No jokes on a forum about progressive rock. This music is highly intellectual and uses sophisticated jazz harmonies.

Wait! That's not true at all!