Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

You want offensive? I like Trurl's Do Not See Me Rabbit album better than any Glass Hammer stuff.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'd say it's hardly offensive at all in the UK and is quite often affectionate, "he's a silly old c**t", etc. Trurl's usage wasn't great but hardly a fire-able offense on an internet board.
    He wasn't 'fired'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Nah, there've been regulars over the years that were more offensive. Some get a pass for various reasons, some don't. Whatever, Trurl apologized.
    Well, yes, I admit there are some still here who regularly overstep the mark. I have them on a mental 'ignore list'.

But by saying 'get a pass' again there seems to be a misapprehension that he was banned- no moderator paid that comment any attention at all, it was other members that did, and he agreed that it was in poor taste so removed it. Nobody was calling for him to leave.
    Last edited by JJ88; 04-08-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'd say it's hardly offensive at all in the UK and is quite often affectionate, "he's a silly old c**t", etc. Trurl's usage wasn't great but hardly a fire-able offense on an internet board.
    I went back just to see what all the fuss was about. I have to say, I'm quite amused that the opprobrium from the remark came almost entirely from members in commonwealth countries, in which the choice word is rather common slang, and as you say, even used in an affectionately off-color way. It's here in the states where it would be considered more misogynist. A head scratcher for me.

People are funny sometimes. We're bombarded daily with real world atrocities... we watch tv, news, movies that glorify killing and exploitation and all that shit...yet, some see it in their way to get offended by a mere words typed by a total stranger. I dunno maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    I went back just to see what all the fuss was about. I have to say, I'm quite amused that the opprobrium from the remark came almost entirely from members in commonwealth countries, in which the choice word is rather common slang, and as you say, even used in an affectionately off-color way. It's here in the states where it would be considered more misogynist. A head scratcher for me.
    Well, hang on a minute- just look at the context in which that comment was made. It was not intended as just slang or as a swear word. The latter would hardly have raised an eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    But I don't think Trurl should stay away because of it - he owned up to it, it's over. I always enjoyed his posts too, and I know this was very unusual for him.
    Exactly this. Everyone concerned had moved on, even on that Tusk thread! There seems to be this weird idea that he was banned or hounded off, when this thread shows hardly anyone even saw the Tusk thread in question! In fact until this thread I'd forgotten all about it.

He chose to take a (temporary?) leave of absence.
    Last edited by JJ88; 04-08-2016 at 02:37 PM.

He says he's sick on online stuff at the moment but was touched that some of you wished he was still here.

Tell him to start posting regularly again or else I'm gonna give him a punch in the cu..ahh...never mind...
    Last edited by Yves; 04-08-2016 at 04:16 PM.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    He says he's sick on online stuff at the moment but was touched that some of you wished he was still here.
    Well, other than that one remark which he regretted anyway, I never had a problem with him at all. He'd been on here for many years and made a strong contribution.

Not to mention that he's in the greatest band in the history of music! A band whose first 10 songs were carried off a mountaintop and presented to the world as gospel!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Not to mention that he's in the greatest band in the history of music! A band whose first 10 songs were carried off a mountaintop and presented to the world as gospel!
    Any band that has Sean McFee onstage with them has to be the greatest.

Oh right. McFee is so angelic.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Oh right. McFee is so angelic.
    Speaking McFee......is he here anymore? Unless he is using a different handle I have not seen anything from him in quite a while.

He has been posting a bit lately, but not all that frequently. He still posts playlists for his Electronic Meditations show on CKCU.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Nah, there've been regulars over the years that were more offensive. Some get a pass for various reasons, some don't. Whatever, Trurl apologized.
    Awww, I like Trurl very much, also he was one of the only members who was really nice to me when I first came here

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    Awww, I like Trurl very much, also he was one of the only members who was really nice to me when I first came here
    you mean someone else was nice to you besides me??

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    you mean someone else was nice to you besides me??

Hahahaha.. you were the first one here to speak out in my defence, Hugues, especially in terms of me being a real person or not, we know each other from PA, way back, you are very special Hugues xx Again. thank you for being my friend xxx

to be fair this is not a pity party what I refer to, even my mom told me, should anyone kidnap when I was small they would return me very quickly lol

to be fair this is not a pity party what I refer to, even my mom told me, should anyone kidnap when I was small they would return me very quickly lol
    I wish your mom had told me that before I met you

JK , of course... Bisous04.gif

This is an edit, because Geezer made me think this could be understood the wrong way, BTW...
    Last edited by Trane; 04-09-2016 at 06:49 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

It's all I can do to just post this & stop without further comment, Hugues.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

yeah, I couldn't resist

Too tempting

The internet is filled with the overly-sensitive, thin-skinned types . . . more so in the arts I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by WHORG View Post
    The internet is filled with the overly-sensitive, thin-skinned types . . .
    That hurt my feelings....

As I recall there was a queue of members being nice to you and a waitlist to boot. ;-)
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    That hurt my feelings....
    My feelings are being hurt by extension .....
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I wish your mom had told me that before I met you

JK , of course... Bisous04.gif

This is an edit, because Geezer made me think this could be understood the wrong way, BTW...
    I'm jealous Hughes. Stop kissing her.