Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

It was a 'joke' about Stevie Nicks which was probably the most repulsive thing I've ever read here. It came out of nowhere as well.

Wow! I can't believe I missed Fred's Stevie Nicks post, since I have made many jokes about her imo hideous, whiny, grating excuse for an actual singing voice in the past. None were close to "repulsive" however.

Not asking what specifically he posted, but I too would like to see him back, if for no other reason than to find out what Glass Hammer is up to ( Fred).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

There used to be a blonde on here and I think her ID was something like KRISTSIT. I think I may heve seen her at a festival. I think her husband or boyfriend was also here but I can't remember his ID.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    There used to be a blonde on here and I think her ID was something like KRISTSIT. I think I may heve seen her at a festival. I think her husband or boyfriend was also here but I can't remember his ID.
    Krys & Gordon (DrGoon)?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    It was a 'joke' about Stevie Nicks which was probably the most repulsive thing I've ever read here. It came out of nowhere as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Wow! I can't believe I missed Fred's Stevie Nicks post, since I have made many jokes about her imo hideous, whiny, grating excuse for an actual singing voice in the past. None were close to "repulsive" however.

Not asking what specifically he posted, but I too would like to see him back, if for no other reason than to find out what Glass Hammer is up to ( Fred).

Trurl edited the offending post, but it still exists as someone quoted it. It's very easy to find within the Tusk thread from November.

I do hope he returns!

So I went to read it (no way I would voluntarily open a Fleetwood Mac thread) and while it's an off-colour remark, it takes a lot more than that to offend me.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

^^^ OK, let me try. Your mother is a Leafs fan
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    ^^^ OK, let me try. Your mother is a Leafs fan
    That's...unfortunately true... It's my cross to bear...

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    So I went to read it (no way I would voluntarily open a Fleetwood Mac thread) and while it's an off-colour remark, it takes a lot more than that to offend me.
    I read it too and while it's not something I'd say it didn't offend me in the least. But like you, Yves, I'm not easily offended. That takes a lot of work
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

After everything I've seen done to your sister, how could I offend that easily?

Good point. Good point.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

^^

Not surprisingly, I agree with Yves & Scott, and still would even if I actually liked her music.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Krys & Gordon (DrGoon)?
    I think Krys uses or used Proggrl. Don't know who this was.

I wouldn't use that word here in that context, but it doesn't offend me either. Although I could see how some people might be offended by it. But I don't think Trurl should stay away because of it - he owned up to it, it's over. I always enjoyed his posts too, and I know this was very unusual for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Krys & Gordon (DrGoon)?
    Are they still around.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Are they still around.
    They're still in the prog scene, they're regulars at ProgDay and the auralmoon chatroom for Gagliarchives.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Are they still around.
    I think so, but I do know that they were at Progday last year, unless the hug I got from both of them was a hallucination flashback (which I can't dismiss completely).

I think so, but I do know that they were at Progday last year, unless the hug I got from both of them was a hallucination flashback (which I can't dismiss completely).
    I see things from both of them on Facebook fairly regularly, not sure how active they are here anymore though.

They're not that active here, but they are on Facebook. Hung out with them on CTTE 2015.

^^

Not surprisingly, I agree with Yves & Scott, and still would even if I actually liked her music.
    Ok, you guys had me checking out that Tusk thread... Didn't find anything to be shocked, though the SN abuse was necessary...

Especially considering that I'd have done something different with Stevie's c... than punch it
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I saw Trurl's offending post. I understand that the word c**t is way more offense to UKers than Americans. Ok it was offensive. He apologized. Big deal. I've seen posts over the years that were a lot more offensive.

^But those were probably from trolls. It was out of character from him, IMHO, so stood out even more for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I saw Trurl's offending post. I understand that the word c**t is way more offense to UKers than Americans. Ok it was offensive. He apologized. Big deal. I've seen posts over the years that were a lot more offensive.

no more offensive than "twat" for UK'ers, really (the latter being funnier sounding, because of its resemblance to "twit")

IMHO, anyways
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'd say it's hardly offensive at all in the UK and is quite often affectionate, "he's a silly old c**t", etc. Trurl's usage wasn't great but hardly a fire-able offense on an internet board.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    ^But those were probably from trolls. It was out of character from him, IMHO, so stood out even more for all the wrong reasons.
    Nah, there've been regulars over the years that were more offensive. Some get a pass for various reasons, some don't. Whatever, Trurl apologized.