Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: MIA PE members from the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Spoken as if the three of you have never used or seen Twitter once in their lives.
    ...or are just envious of the social interaction

I tried Twitter, but much prefer Facebook.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Nurse Progtitioner, Greg Lake fan, incredibly annoying. First person I ever put on Ignore!

Where's Battema these days? I haven't seen that gawdawful avatar of his for awhile. Of course, if this absence means a new ES album, then I'm all for it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

He's been posting... You just haven't been opening those threads I guess....

Another mod who no longer posts here is ffroyd...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Where's Battema these days?
    He's a regular. Check any of the electronic/Tangerine Dream-related threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    ...or are just envious of the social interaction

I tried Twitter, but much prefer Facebook.
    Funny, as social media evolves, the less enthralled I am with it. These days, I'm starting to understand why Ted Kaczynski went off the rails as he did. I jumped in headfirst during the 300-baud era Commodore 64/Coleco Adam days using CompuServe>PeopleLink>ProtoCall>Prodigy>AOL before I started weaning myself off the distraction in the late 90s. When Twitter debuted I was invited by a friend who was an early adopter. This must've been around 2005 or so. Spent all of one week on it before deciding I had better ways to waste time. Then came FB and the whole phenomenon of the "Friends collectors" and what others have already observed and commented on, FB being the platform for (pick your political/social/religious leanings)-wingnut utterances. I've chosen to limit my FB activity to immediate family only and a few select correspondents.

PE is one of the only regular things I do online anymore, not only for the vast array of informed participants, but for the sheer entertainment value of the um...*cough*...regular cast of characters' contributions.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Where's Battema these days? I haven't seen that gawdawful avatar of his for awhile. Of course, if this absence means a new ES album, then I'm all for it.
    Perhaps because he changed his avatar?

Where's Battema these days?
    For that matter, where's trurl? Haven't seen a post from him in a while. Hopefully working on a new GH album.

Where are you Fred, we miss you!

About Twitter, I've used it, had fun, but couldn't really understand the appeal.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Then I interviewed for a job there and saw first hand the "cult of Tweeting" and really didn't

feel the vibe. In short, Twitter is probably all it's going to be at this exact moment. A forum for D-Listers, Breaking News, and

Wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burley Wright View Post
    For that matter, where's trurl? Haven't seen a post from him in a while. Hopefully working on a new GH album.

Where are you Fred, we miss you!
    He posted something off-color, and somebody called him on it. He apologized and said he was going into the penalty box for a while. Maybe he's still keeping himself off the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Wannabes.
    I see what you did there!
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    They like to organize your news feed so that you see "most active" posts at the top, but just like PE, there is a "new posts" if you go to your settings and click on "most recent", it will organize your feed newest post at the top.
    Boy they sure do. Although I haven't had to change the setting for a few weeks, fb has freqeuently changed this back to "top stories" on me. I'm guessing over the last 18 months I've had to re-change back to "viewing most recent stories" at least a dozen times. Why give the option to change how your news feed is displayed if they're going to keep changing it back on you!

< end rant >

I just changed my settings (thanks, Cozy!), and it said that it would eventually revert back.

So stupid. "We see that you want this setting changed, but we don't care - we're changing it back, anyway."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I have to change Facebook to 'most recent' at least a few times per week.

Today they added more options to the 'like' feature.

I once googled this fb issue and came across the following fb link that assures news feed displays "most recent". I have found it works well, though will sometimes migrate to fb from other sites/apps and it is during some of these entries to fb that the setting changes on me. Anyway, Gruno & others, give it a try....

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=h_chr

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    I once googled this fb issue and came across the following fb link that assures news feed displays "most recent". I have found it works well, though will sometimes migrate to fb from other sites/apps and it is during some of these entries to fb that the setting changes on me. Anyway, Gruno & others, give it a try....

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=h_chr
    Would love a solution, but this link only takes me to Facebook...

Ah...I recall having to insert that address (or part of it) into your current browser address then save/bookmark the new link. Something like that. Sorry, but I'm not a techy and I followed whatever the instructions were that I read at the time. Somewhere here may be the solution you're looking for!

Ok, DonArnold, I will see if that works. Thanks!

Anyone already mention Cold Fire? I vaguely recall some issue she had.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    SuppersReady101

Anyone remember him?
    Supper must be cold by now, better give it to the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Spoken as if the three of you have never used or seen Twitter once in their lives.
    That's because I'm not a twit, and my gf is not a twat

In short, while indeed I can still see a usefulness in fb (my hatred of fb is not just linked to zuckerberg, but how people misuse it or let it run their lives), I clearly don't see one in twit-ter

Outside , that is, to prove to the planet you're existing and show how much of a twit you are.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    That's because I'm not a twit, and my gf is not a twat

In short, while indeed I can still see a usefulness in fb (my hatred of fb is not just linked to zuckerberg, but how people misuse it or let it run their lives), I clearly don't see one in twit-ter

Outside , that is, to prove to the planet you're existing and show how much of a twit you are.
    Cooee, Hugues before really disliking fb you ought atleast join and become a member I understand what you mean but the reality/experience is very different to what you might perceive it to be. You can be anonymous on fb if you wish to be or only share info with friends etc etc. etc. but judging that network site without even have joined this certainly will not give any kind of correct or otherwise perception
    Last edited by Sonia_Mota; 02-25-2016 at 03:29 AM.