Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McCartney *Turned Away* at post-Grammy party!

McCartney *Turned Away* at post-Grammy party!

Wtf?? What the actual fuck? If *I* were the owner of that place, the people who turned him away would be jobless.
    http://www.q1043.com/onair/maria-mil...DJ1sA.facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Wtf?? What the actual fuck? If *I* were the owner of that place, the people who turned him away would be jobless.
    http://www.q1043.com/onair/maria-mil...DJ1sA.facebook
    He could have called his good friend Kanye to help him get in...

Suspended
    Was he invited?

In his case, I wouldn't think that's even the point. Show a little respect for a guy who gave so much to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    In his case, I wouldn't think that's even the point. Show a little respect for a guy who gave so much to music.
    The security staff didn't seem rude to McCartney and his entourage. Both sides handled it quite well.

Are you saying that Paul McCartney should be allowed into any party he wants to go to?

Keep in mind, no one knows the specifics. We don't know if the club was at capacity or if the guest list allowed room for any uninvited crashers. There are strict fire regulations and fire marshals are stationed at many of these events and will shut them down if they are 1 person over capacity.

If there is a tight guest list, maybe McCartney should have had his staff arrange the details ahead of time so as to not have an embarrassing dose of reality hit him in public like it did last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The security staff didn't seem rude to McCartney and his entourage. Both sides handled it quite well.

Are you saying that Paul McCartney should be allowed into any party he wants to go to?

I felt that in *this* case, a big, music biz-related function, yes. But you made a good point about the capacity.

Having worked in security and protection, and with some very high up VIPs, (royalty, politicians and celebs) I can tell you that if the client specifies an Operating Procedure for the event and has a controlled entry list, then I don't care if you're the Queen of Sheba, you ain't getting past me or my detail. One of my team once stopped Billy Idol getting into his own after-gig private garden area, until Billy Idol showed the guard his photo ID.

Seems to me the security in this case acted perfectly correctly in stopping Macca from entering.
    Last edited by PeterG; 02-16-2016 at 05:03 PM.

WTF?
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Besides, Macca's heyday is so Yesterday.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Well I guess these rent-a-cops aren't paid to think, but still, that seems pretty bloody stupid.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Those who are astonished:
    If your job was to only let in people on the guest list with no exceptions, would you ignore your job, open the door and let him in?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It was payback for Give My Regards to Broad Street. Revenge is a dish best served cold...

Those who are astonished:
    If your job was to only let in people on the guest list with no exceptions, would you ignore your job, open the door and let him in?
    if I knew who he was, fuckin' yeah.
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by StevegSr View Post
    if I knew who he was, fuckin' yeah.
    Great.

Safety regulations are there for a reason. People die in fires, building collapses, etc. Your Sir Paul could be one of them.

You might say that one extra person won't make a difference, but there has to be a limit set. If one extra person is OK, why not two? Three? Ten? A hundred? Also, at what point does someone become "special" enough so that rules can be waived? I don't buy this "Don't you know who I am?" line.

I'm not sure whether safety regulations was the reason what Sir Paul was excluded, but if they were, I am pretty certain Paul himself would not be the one throwing a hissy fit. Rather, it would be all those self-righteous fans saying "How dare you deny my idol entry to the establishment?".

The security guy was just doing his job. Leave him alone.

Maybe they were serving meat.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

open the door and let him in?

For as long as he lives McCartney will be on the A-list of any rock gathering, anywhere. I'm not a Beatles fanboy by any stretch, but to pretend he's somehow not automatically significant in that world is just plain ignorant.

Someone hosting a post-Grammy party that's full to capacity (because rock party hosts are very safety conscious as a rule) would, upon learning that McCartney was outside would simply boot a couple of D-listers to make room.

The rent-a-cop was either a fool or a bureaucrat worthy of a spot at the EU. Possibly both.

Stand by for embarrassed apologies from the party host.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    Well I guess these rent-a-cops aren't paid to think, but still, that seems pretty bloody stupid.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    Someone hosting a post-Grammy party that's full to capacity (because rock party hosts are very safety conscious as a rule) would, upon learning that McCartney was outside would simply boot a couple of D-listers to make room.
    That crossed my mind too, but then thought that could create potential fallout. (albeit fallout the general public would probably never know about)

Banned
    They kept Sir Paul out for his own safety since they didn't think he could handle the second hand synthetic weed smoke in there. If he dies in there, just think of the fallout[emoji15]

When I worked for EMI in the US, there was a time when Macca showed up at the Capitol Records Tower and the security guard wouldn't let him on the lot. One of the sales & marketing guys had to run down to the guard shack and vouch for Sir Paul just so he could gain entry. Sheesh!

I dunno if I'd call it stupid. But I bet whoever hosted that party is face palming right about now. But if you think about it, you'd have to be pretty arrogant to assume that Paul McCartney might show up at your party, so you might not even think to put him on the guest list, just because you'd never actually expect him to show up.

The doorman or whatever he was, was probably just doing his job.

The question is, did the doorman recognize Sir Paul? Did he know who he was turning away, or did he think the guy was just a random randy Scouse git.

My question is... why the heck is McCartney trying to get into a party like this? Man,.. John and George wouldn't have done anything remotely like this (running around trying to be relevant). Why not hang out on your own private island and invite over some long time friends? I find this pitiful and embarrassing (but unfortunately deserved). This would be like wanting to hang out and party with your daughter's 6th grade class.
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

Too many people pulled and pushed around... Imagine, telling Paul to hit the long and winding road. Maybe his breath smelled of monkberry moon delight and security had to tell him goodnight tonight.
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 02-17-2016 at 09:13 AM.
    Still alive and well...

Way too many unknowns in this situation to come down on one side or the other.
    <sig out of order>