Thread: Larry Fast - Synergy: Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra in 5.1 on DVD-A

Banned

Larry Fast - Synergy: Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra in 5.1 on DVD-A

Larry Fast - Synergy: Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra in 5.1 on DVD-A
    Larry Fast is currently canvassing opinion on his Facebook page to see if there would be enough interest for a 5.1 mix on DVD-A of his Synergy - Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra album...

A little informal poll: who would be interested in buying a 5.1 DVD-audio of Electronic Realizations remixed from the original multitrack into DTS 24 bit/96 khz surround sound? It's an idea batted around as a possibility at the label, but only if there is enough interest.
    https://www.facebook.com/lfast

For those not familiar with the album...

http://www.allmusic.com/album/synerg...a-mw0000650861

https://youtu.be/nDM6kd8rk3g

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I suppose I would be, but I'd be more interested in Cords, Audion, Metropolitan Suite and Games first.

Oh yes - that would be very cool.

I'm in assuming reasonable pricing.

Not me. I agree, other albums (metropolitan Suite) would be much better suited.

Most def!

Hmmm link does not work. Rather have it in SACD......

If you build it, they will come... this is a legendary electronic classic.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I suppose I would be, but I'd be more interested in Cords, Audion, Metropolitan Suite and Games first.
    So am I. Especially Cords is so powerful and yet so melodic.

I am facebook friends with Larry and already he is blown away by the positive results of his informal poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Larry Fast is currently canvassing opinion on his Facebook page to see if there would be enough interest for a 5.1 mix on DVD-A of his Synergy - Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra album...

A little informal poll: who would be interested in buying a 5.1 DVD-audio of Electronic Realizations remixed from the original multitrack into DTS 24 bit/96 khz surround sound? It's an idea batted around as a possibility at the label, but only if there is enough interest.
    https://www.facebook.com/lfast

For those not familiar with the album...

http://www.allmusic.com/album/synerg...a-mw0000650861

https://youtu.be/nDM6kd8rk3g
    If you have Dolby Pro Logic II (most AV receivers do) the existing CDs and HDtracks downloads already 'decode' pretty spectacularly (if not 100% accurately)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I am facebook friends with Larry and already he is blown away by the positive results of his informal poll.
    Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords Cords

^ what he said!

What Synergy/L.Fast fans are really waiting for is some NEW material: his latest work (Metropolitan Suite) is from... 1987. That's 29 years old Larry ! I can't believe that a highly talented composer like L.Fast didn't produced anything in nearly 30 years but short soundclips for TV/Commercials. And even a compilation of these (unheard) soundclips would be more interesting that endlessly recycling old material. (Reconstructed Artifacts from 2002 are actually only old pieces replayed on more modern equipment). There was also a live Synergy DVD project (IIRC recorded at Nearfest many years ago) which never materialized. Give us something new, Larry.

It's my favorite album by him, next is Sequencer. There are just very unique
    classical yet modern melodies in those two albums. Cords is a also a favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    What Synergy/L.Fast fans are really waiting for is some NEW material: his latest work (Metropolitan Suite) is from... 1987. That's 29 years old Larry ! I can't believe that a highly talented composer like L.Fast didn't produced anything in nearly 30 years but short soundclips for TV/Commercials. And even a compilation of these (unheard) soundclips would be more interesting that endlessly recycling old material. (Reconstructed Artifacts from 2002 are actually only old pieces replayed on more modern equipment). There was also a live Synergy DVD project (IIRC recorded at Nearfest many years ago) which never materialized. Give us something new, Larry.
    As much as I'd also love a new Synergy record, it's highly unlikely. And by that, I mean never. Larry doesn't seem to be in that "place," anymore.

Not that I don't like being surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    As much as I'd also love a new Synergy record, it's highly unlikely. And by that, I mean never. Larry doesn't seem to be in that "place," anymore.

Not that I don't like being surprised.
    He has made some rumblings that he's working on new material...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    To that, I can only add:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    ... yeah, he's repeatedly saying that that since the early 90ies but nothing is coming. Maybe he worked too closely with Peter Gabriel and got the same disease. (one new recording of original material every 20 to 35 years).

For all those who loves Cords there's a rare live rendition of PHobos by the T.Levin band including Fast on keyboards:

Cookie Monster Guitarist Onomatopoeic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssully View Post
    If you have Dolby Pro Logic II (most AV receivers do) the existing CDs and HDtracks downloads already 'decode' pretty spectacularly (if not 100% accurately)

On the original vinyl release of Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra, it says on the back cover that the album is encoded in the (Sansui) QS quadrophonic format.

This would mean that a quadrophonic (4.0) master exists along with the QS-encoded 2-track master. So, Electronic Realisations for Rock Orchestra could be released less expensively as a 4.0 album on DVD-A (or SACD, or BluRay Audio).

Cookie Monster Guitarist Onomatopoeic's Avatar