Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Survivor Kaoh Rong - Season 32

I'm getting PO'd with the challenges - they're all along the same 2-or-so themes.

We need something more imaginative.
    Regards,

Duncan

This place has become the "Cheers" of the Internet.
    -- Rushfan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I'm getting PO'd with the challenges - they're all along the same 2-or-so themes.

We need something more imaginative.
    I watch the show on DVR since I am at work when it is on, and I have found myself fast forwarding through more challenges than ever this year. They do seem to have a lot of sameness about them this time around.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    My prediction is Tai#1, Aubrey#2 but it easily could go the other way. Aubrey is the best player out there this year.

Overall, without the medevacs, this season was a bore. Too bad Caleb got evac-ed, he was the spice this season really needed. (yawn)
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I am rooting for Aubrey, but yea, I think any of them could win it.

Season Finale night! Anyone care to share their predictions or who they hope will win?

I've been pulling for Aubrey all along and that's not changing. But, honestly, I think that all of the remaining players have played good games in their own way, so I'd be happy with any of them winning at this point.

I think that Aubrey has played a very strategic game. She's quiet when she needs to be but not afraid to speak out either. She's far better in challenges than I think anyone originally thought that she would be. And she's been fairly loyal...about as loyal as you can be in Survivor. She was also able to regroup and form new alliances when Neil had to leave...and now she's lost Joe, which changes the game for her again. But she's built strong relationships that I think will get her past Joe's demise.

Michelle has also played a good game. She's survived being the underdog on more than one occasion and I have to give her credit for that. But I think that of the four that are left, she's probably my least favourite for the win. It could be editing, or just my bad memory, but I can't think of any one specific thing that she has done to get where she is. I feel like she's coasted more than anyone else.

Tai has also played a fairly good strategic game. He has not been loyal to his alliances, but he's survived this long because of it. The best move in the entire game was NOT giving his idol to Scot and having Scot walk out with Jason's idol. Removing two big threats with one smart move. Plus, he's managed to keep Mark alive the entire game! He gets big points from me for that.

Cydney. Ah Cydney. Probably my least favourite remaining player. I just don't like the way she treats other people. But, she doesn't take any shit or let anyone push her around, and I do like that. I gained huge respect for her a few weeks ago during the challenge where they had to stack blocks. Everyone was trying to hurry and failing because of it. She took a "slow and steady" approach, and even when it looked like that strategy might not work for her, she stuck with it and ended up winning. It took a lot of balls for her to stick to that strategy and not speed up. She was also smart enough to recognize that Jason and Scot were a sinking ship and jump ship before it was too late. She has her eye on the prize and she is focused.

I find it somewhat hilarious that on this season three hidden idols were found, but at the end of the day, none were played.

Quote Originally Posted by viukkis View Post
    I find it somewhat hilarious that on this season three hidden idols were found, but at the end of the day, none were played.
    Good point. And Tai's "advantage" vote was totally wasted.

My faves are Tai, because there's never been a player like him, Aubrey, great game player, Michelle, super smart girl and then Cyndey, buffedest girl I know. My favorite part of the finale is the tribute walk because I find myself going, "oh yea, I remember that guy/gal"
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    My favorite part of the finale is the tribute walk because I find myself going, "oh yea, I remember that guy/gal"
    That's the part I always fast forward through

Overall, a pretty weak season though there were a couple of nice blindsides. I agree that the challenges were weak as hell . I think Aubrey probably deserves to win it though Tai played a strong game too. I actually like Sydney and Michelle. Both well spoken, smart and strong willed, but don't think they can beat out Tai or Aubrey. Personally I want Tai to win mostly because of the great move to keep idol and mess up Scot and Jason . We'll see!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

At this stage, I am rooting for Michelle. She watched her previous alliance get voted out one-by-one. Adjusted her game play and survived on the edge of elimination. Plus, I like how her bathing suit looks like a champion wore it; weathered, dirty, and showing victory.

I could never be on Survivor for SO MANY reasons. One of them is that I don't think I could wear anything as dirty as that bathing suit. ICK!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Aubury has probably played the best game out of the remaining ones. That said, there is something about her I don't like, so I won't root for her. I've liked Tai from the beginning but I don't think he will win, though (probably obviously I'm rooting for him).

Tough to say who will win...I think Aubury will if she gets to the finals. If she leaves it's a toss up IMO. (perhaps Michelle)
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Millennials vs. Gen X.

I hate it already.

Okay, now I have time to post a few comments. Good ending, but I have to say that I'm surprised that Michelle won. I think that little run of challenge wins at the end definitely helped her with the jury. The immunity win obviously advanced her, but I think that win combined with winning the ability to vote out a jury member earned her some respect and made people realize that maybe she was more than just a pretty face. She also did much better answering the Jury's questions than I expected her too. As the questions continued and she was on the ball, I saw the power shifting from Aubry to Michelle. Good for her.

And speaking of that jury thing...WOW! What a great twist! Like Tai, I also noticed that Jeff never called them the final three after Cyd was voted out or made any reference to ending the game or a final TC. I too thought that maybe we were seeing the return of the final two...but this was even better. Well played, Survivor, well played.

I thought it was a good finale. I was entertained. The shots of Tai by the water with Mark on his back were brilliant. Who knew a chicken could behave that way? But I do hope that they found Mark a good home and didn't just leave him to fend for himself in the jungle.

I absolutely loved the transition of Aubry during this season. She is walking away from this game a completely new woman. She is someone that I could see myself being friends with. Maybe she and Cochrane will hook up.

And finally, I have one last question. What is a "Sia" and why is she afraid to show her face on TV?

EDIT: From a Q&A between Dalton Ross and Jeff Probst.

Dalton: Finally, I have saved the most important question for last: What happened to Mark the Chicken after you guys wrapped Tribal Council?
    Jeff: He was given to a local family.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 05-19-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    And finally, I have one last question. What is a "Sia" and why is she afraid to show her face on TV?
    She's Australia's answer to Lady Gaga, which hopefully answers both parts of your question. Probably best known for Chandelier and being the vocalist on David Guetta's Titanium. One of current dance pop stars who can actually really sing.

Quote Originally Posted by viukkis View Post
    She's Australia's answer to Lady Gaga, which hopefully answers both parts of your question. Probably best known for Chandelier and being the vocalist on David Guetta's Titanium. One of current dance pop stars who can actually really sing.
    Cool. Thanks. I've never heard of her. It makes sense that she's not from this part of the world as I don't think she's very big here in Canada.

Loved the twists to the finale, and my wife also picked up on the not quite the final three thing yet as well. I was hoping Tai would win as he made come big moves, but the jury obviously couldn't get over is flipping on Scoot/Jason and others.

Gen x v. millennials isn't for me either, I'm a Boomer! I have to work with those two generations and don't want to spend my Wednesday nights with them as well!!!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Just had the chance to watch the finale this morning. I was surprised Michelle won. I probably would have gone Aubrey. There is something about her that I really like. I could have seen Tai winning too. At the beginning of this season I really disliked pretty much everyone on the show, but by the end the final four had won me over and I liked all of them to some degree. I thought it was a good season overall.

I could never be on Survivor for SO MANY reasons. One of them is that I don't think I could wear anything as dirty as that bathing suit. ICK!
    You will never catch me wearing a dirty bikini -- ever!!!

Cydney. Ah Cydney. Probably my least favourite remaining player. I just don't like the way she treats other people.

I agree to the Nth degree!! Her, "I ain't gonna let no one tell me what to do! Mmm - huh!" always rubbed me the wrong way. I wanted her out long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    My faves are Tai, because there's never been a player like him
    I liked Tai a lot. He just seemed to be too reckless the last 1/4 of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Aubury has probably played the best game out of the remaining ones. That said, there is something about her I don't like, so I won't root for her
    I liked her better than Cydney. Aubry turned my head a few times with some strategy she projected for the last few weeks. I just didn't latch on to her, overall. Although she played a good game, I didn't want her to win.

Now, about the finale…

I was beaming with pride when Michelle earned immunity and the final reward. She deserved to win. Aubry and her played a different game, so Aubry winning would be ok, but I wanted Michelle.

I think Michelle won over the jury with her answers in combination with her gameplay. As I said earlier in this thread, Michelle's alliance got picked-off one-by-one and she was forced to reestablish her footing and alignment. Some might say she coasted along… not true. Remember early in the game she despised the way Nick treated her? She forged ahead letting him think he was guiding her, but she had her own game strategy in mind. Smart girl.

I felt Aubry lost a lot of jury votes with some of her answers, but more importantly, her reactions to Michelle's answers. Too many times Aubry let her facial expressions show that Michelle had the perfect reply to the questions asked by the jury. Aubry seemed very awkward in front of the jury. Michelle showed complete confidence. Of course, Aubry grew the most with her personal triumphs, and for that I applaud her.

Tai was a mess during the final tribal council. Poor guy couldn't get his point across all too well.

Anyone have thoughts on Neal and his comments to Michelle when she ousted him from the jury? I thought his comments were idiotic and that made Michelle's game victory much more sweeter than it was. Neal -- just an a-hole!

Notice Cydney was the only one of the top 8 or so that Jeff did not talk with during the finale?? He later said in a tweet that he ran out of time and they don't talk to every contestant on the show. Well, maybe do NOT have Sia on wasting time and stop the cross-pollination with CBS promo crap ala Drew Carey. While it was nice of Sia to grant 50k to Tai and 50k to charity, that should have been done on the CBS Morning show or some other way. I would have rather heard from Cydney and a few other contestants. Jeff could give the other contestants who didn't make jury at least 20 seconds each to comment on their game or what they got out of the experience. I am always upset that we hear from mainly the jury at the reunion show. We already heard from them at final tribal just before the reunion, let's hear from Alecia, Peter (Obama), Jenn, and Anna!!

From Jeff Probst:

And for those of you wondering about the final vote... Michele 5, Aubry 2. Once I read the 4th vote it was over so no need to read last one

And I take responsibility for not talking to Cydney. Massive oversight. After the amazing moment with Sia, the show timing went out the window. I just missed getting her back in the show. That's all there is to it. Cydney knows how much I respect her and how much I want her to play again. There is no lack of love, just an oversight from me. That ole reunion show is tough. Never enough time. The hardest part of producing it is accepting you can't talk to everybody. Hopefully you understand. Great season either way!
    Some of my thoughts on the game of Survivor:

If I was on Survivor, I would tell Jeff, "Shut the F*CK up!" during comps. I know he's the host & narrator, but having someone constantly saying crap during the endurance and skill challenges is a bit much. I understand that type of verbiage during the fast-paced challenges, but ease up when people have to concentrate. Insert studio voice-overs narration or something at that time.

Food. Damn, they feed these contestants every other day. Cydney and Aubry ate so much their last week on the island. We rarely see these people struggle to obtain food anymore. I figure they want these people strong for challenges, but then why call it Survivor if they load them up with food and amenities in reward challenges??

Remember when they used to be allowed to bring 1 item into the game? I suppose they eliminated that and began giving them "as much as you can carry" when they start the game. Still, I liked when people would bring something from home. I felt it gave a better outlook and insight into each contestant and others would often judge some on what they brought into the game.

I agree that the challenges were similar in nature through the season. Bring back the endurance challenges towards the end of the game. Heck, they feed these cats so much that they can do it.

I don't have a problem with the next season of Survivor. I'm sure some of you will change your minds once the show starts.

It's nice to discuss and share opinions with you all about this show!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

Notice Cydney was the only one of the top 8 or so that Jeff did not talk with during the finale?? He later said in a tweet that he ran out of time and they don't talk to every contestant on the show. Well, maybe do NOT have Sia on wasting time and stop the cross-pollination with CBS promo crap ala Drew Carey. While it was nice of Sia to grant 50k to Tai and 50k to charity, that should have been done on the CBS Morning show or some other way. I would have rather heard from Cydney and a few other contestants. Jeff could give the other contestants who didn't make jury at least 20 seconds each to comment on their game or what they got out of the experience. I am always upset that we hear from mainly the jury at the reunion show. We already heard from them at final tribal just before the reunion, let's hear from Alecia, Peter (Obama), Jenn, and Anna!!
    p
    The re-union shows have really become a mess over the past few seasons. Not talking to Cydney was really lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

Food. Damn, they feed these contestants every other day. Cydney and Aubry ate so much their last week on the island. We rarely see these people struggle to obtain food anymore. I figure they want these people strong for challenges, but then why call it Survivor if they load them up with food and amenities in reward challenges??
    Agreed, they certainly seem to get more food than they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    I don't have a problem with the next season of Survivor. I'm sure some of you will change your minds once the show starts.
    That's probably true. I just can't help feeling that everyone is going to either be a know-it-all or whiny and spoiled. And the previews DID NOTHING to make me think otherwise. I'm sure it'll all work out, but I'm not looking forward to it the way that I should be. The way that I'm looking forward to the start of BB on June 22, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    If I was on Survivor, I would tell Jeff, "Shut the F*CK up!" during comps.
    This made me and my husband laugh out loud. I cannot tell you how many time a season Hubby is sitting on the couch and telling Jeff to Shut the F*CK up (only he leaves out the F-word. Hubby is much classier than I am )! He hates Jeff's banter through the challenges. From a TV standpoint, I get it. You don't want dead air. But as a competitor it must drive them crazy.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 05-22-2016 at 07:57 AM.

That's probably true. I just can't help feeling that everyone is going to either be a know-it-all or whiny and spoiled. And the previews DID NOTHING to make me think otherwise. I'm sure it'll all work out, but I'm not looking forward to it the way that I should be. The way that I'm looking forward to the start of BB on June 22, for example.