Thread: Brighteye Brison

Brighteye Brison

Just wondering who has heard of this fine band from Sweden (where else?). These guys are a band I have only known about for a couple of months now and I have to say that I really like them. They have 4 albums out and in my opinion they are all very good, highlighted by the fantastic "Believers & Deceivers" which is their third.

I found them at PA which I use as a resource for finding bands that I have not yet heard about. I have never seen any mention of them here at PE. Any others here that know of this band?

Here is a link to some of their tunes at YouTube, if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+brison&page=1

I'd heard them (him?) but hadn't paid much attention until Ed (previously e3prog, now Edwin333) put me onto them some time ago.

Pure "neo" - very well done within that genre.

I liked Believers & Deceivers (2008), but had a much harder time with Stories (2006). Haven't heard the first or last records, though.
    Last edited by Duncan Glenday; 01-10-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Edit: Per Google ... it isn't a "him", it's a "them".
    Regards,

Duncan

I have "Believers and deceivers" and "The magician chronicles -part I". They are among the few modern prog bands I'm after. However their first two are considerably inferior...
    Last edited by spacefreak; 01-12-2013 at 02:45 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I guess I will never quite get what makes a band "neo" , I thought I was starting to get it when someone said it was music that sounded like classic era Genesis, well if that's how you define it than Brighteye Brison are not "neo", at least not to these ears. I do hear some Gentle Giant influences though, would that make them "neo"?

Whatever you want to call their style doesn't really matter though, these guys are good, their last 2 albums are the best for me, I never heard the second one but the debut isn't bad at all either.

I just like to hear bands that I haven't heard a million times before, this music is fresh to my ears and very well done, a young band with a bright (pun intended) future.

They can't be Neo - they're the Prog Village People!

Great band, though - Believers And Deceivers is a brilliant album. Initially I didn't rate The Magician Chronicles as highly but this thread pushed me onto YouTube and, after watching Mind Fire Menace I'm going to have to revisit that platter!
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

Not only do I like them, they're one of my favorite bands. I discovered them around the 2008, 2009 time frame right after Believers and Deceivers came out. When The Magician Chronicles was finally released, my only thought was "it's about time." I've long considered this band evidence for the hypothesis there must be prog in the Swedish water.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Thoroughly enjoyed "Believers" and "Magician". Picked up the first one at the Poer Of Two show in New Brunswixk a couple years back based on the song length (LOL). Wasn't disappointed wither. Looking forward to Chronicles Vol. II

very enjoyable and quirky swedish band! this is almost jazz prog:

I probably should have typed in "Swedish Band" alongside Brighteye Brison when I titled the thread,there might have been few more replies. I know that if it was 3 months ago and I saw a thread titled Brighteye Brison I very well might have just skimmed passed it without even looking at the posts inside, I have certainly never even heard of them 3 months ago and it is an odd name for a band.

All I know is that I'm glad I know about them now, these guys are fantastic musicians, and of the 3 cd's of theirs that I have the first one is really good, the other 2 are great.

I can't wait to see what they come up with next, I imagine it will be Pt. 2 of the Magician Chronicles.

Out standing in my field trespass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    They can't be Neo - they're the Prog Village People!

Great band, though - Believers And Deceivers is a brilliant album. Initially I didn't rate The Magician Chronicles as highly but this thread pushed me onto YouTube and, after watching Mind Fire Menace I'm going to have to revisit that platter!
    They should re-think the video branding. As far as the band in general their first CD wass pretty darn good and I need to catch up. They remind me of A.C.T