Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Blues, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    Magic Sam - West Side Soul
    I need to get that album. It was his version of Sweet Home Chicago that the Blues Brothers emulated.

Any Marcus King fans? The guys an absolute monster! A true old blues soul despite his youth!

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Any Marcus King fans? The guys an absolute monster! A true old blues soul despite his youth!
    Big fan here. I saw him open for Umphrey's McGee a couple of years ago and he was amazing. He later came back through town for a headline show and saw him again right up close to the stage. Agree, the kid is an amazing talent.

Have we covered this kid yet?

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Big fan here. I saw him open for Umphrey's McGee a couple of years ago and he was amazing. He later came back through town for a headline show and saw him again right up close to the stage. Agree, the kid is an amazing talent.

The thread's a few years old so maybe I already replied but I dig the gnarly Mississippi Hill Country guys like RL Burnside and Junior Kimbrough.

Great documentary about the genre:

"Moustache stays right where it's at" - Clutch