Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Camel News

There were 2 songs AFAIK:
    In Japan and Turkey they did a song called Dingley Dell (dont know this song so I assume it is new?), by the time they got to Israel it was dropped.
    In Japan, Turkey and 2 shows in Israel they did a song called Mystic Dreams, written by Pete the keyboard player, but by the third israeli show it was also dropped from the setlist.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Did they? I highly doubt it but if they did they have dropped them by now from the set. Saw the first Dutch gig on this tour (Groningen) and there were no new songs on the set.
    How was the show?

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    In Japan and Turkey they did a song called Dingley Dell (dont know this song so I assume it is new?), by the time they got to Israel it was dropped.
    Could that have been a cover of the Lindisfarne song?

https://www.discogs.com/Lindisfarne-...l/master/82769

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    There were 2 songs AFAIK:
    In Japan, Turkey and 2 shows in Israel they did a song called Mystic Dreams, written by Pete the keyboard player, but by the third israeli show it was also dropped from the setlist.
    Are you sure this song was written by Pete? Doesn't sound that way...The beginning is ' Mystic Queen ', and the rest reminds me of some other Camel music. So surely must be written by Andy?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Dang, I hate to hear that he was troubled by pain.
    I hope he is OK.
    Me too. Hope he takes it a bit easier.

Good vibes and Love to Andy. xx

Dingley Dell was mostly written by Pete.
    It wouldn't be out of place on a Tiger Moth Tales album.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    Are you sure this song was written by Pete? Doesn't sound that way...The beginning is ' Mystic Queen ', and the rest reminds me of some other Camel music. So surely must be written by Andy?!
    At the begining I was sure it was actually mystic queen, I asked a friend who is more knowladgable than me, and he told me he read that it was a song written by Pete as sort of an homage as soon as he was recruited to the band.
    I will ask him where he read it... probably a facebook page so linking will not be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Could that have been a cover of the Lindisfarne song?

https://www.discogs.com/Lindisfarne-...l/master/82769
    Dont know, havent heard either...

Certainly not the Lindisfarne song.

"The pigeon pie's splendid you know"

The title itself Dingly Dell suggests a Peter song, and after watching the video, it definitely sounds like a Peter song.
    Nice of Camel to let the new guy play one of his new songs, usually it's all Camel stuff.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Dingley Dell is a new Camel song although Pete has his finger prints all over it.

I guess the lyrics are Pete's? "Pigeon pie"....yuck!!!

The British are not known for Haute Cuisine.

I just noticed they are performing in The Hague this night. Alas a bit of a short notice. So alas I'm going to miss it. To bad, because at least it's a location, that is easy to get to with public transport. Most concerts are somewhere else, where the returntrip can give some problems.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I just noticed they are performing in The Hague this night. Alas a bit of a short notice. So alas I'm going to miss it. To bad, because at least it's a location, that is easy to get to with public transport. Most concerts are somewhere else, where the returntrip can give some problems.
    Darn, I wish you could go!

The concert in The Hague is cancelled,Andy is in hospital.Rumors are he has a pneumonia.

^ Bad news!

Renate, the tour site says a new date will be scheduled, so keep an eye out:

https://www.paard.nl/event/camel/

And let's hope for a quick recovery from Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    The concert in The Hague is cancelled,Andy is in hospital.Rumors are he has a pneumonia.
    Wow, that's some bad news. Wish Andy all the best.
    The site of the venue had the news on their Dutch page, but not (yet) on the English one: https://www.paard.nl/event/camel/
    Edit: when I started this post the one above wasn't there yet ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Wow, that's some bad news. Wish Andy all the best.
    The site of the venue had the news on their Dutch page, but not (yet) on the English one: https://www.paard.nl/event/camel/
    Edit: when I started this post the one above wasn't there yet ;-)
    Here's the auto translation:

"We regret to inform you that Camel's concert will not take place tonight. The singer has become unwell today and is unable to perform tonight. The news just comes in that a new date is coming. We will announce this as soon as possible!"

I hope Andy recovers quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The British are not known for Haute Cuisine.
    I am British, and never seen said pie on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    That sounds awful! Are these rumours reliable? He was suffering with a hernia.

Anyway, hope he feels better soon and doesn't worry about the tour. His health is very important. Good vibes and Love to Andy. xx

I am British, and never seen said pie on sale.
    What about 24 blackbirds in a pie?

That sounds awful! Are these rumours reliable? He was suffering with a hernia.

Anyway, hope he feels better soon and doesn't worry about the tour. His health is very important. Good vibes and Love to Andy. xx
    There was an auto translation involved, and it did seem weird to say he had "a pneumonia," so maybe it should have been "a hernia."

Anyway, get well soon, guitar god!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ Bad news!

Renate, the tour site says a new date will be scheduled, so keep an eye out:

https://www.paard.nl/event/camel/

And let's hope for a quick recovery from Andy!
    I hope I will be able to make it then and of course I hope for a quick recovery for Andy in the first place.