Thread: Recent physics discoveries bring into question whether "true analog" actually exists

Recent physics discoveries bring into question whether "true analog" actually exists

Hmm,.. maybe the analog/digital debate is moot. Perhaps it's just a question of whether your sample rate speed is on the quantum scale. It appears the nature of time itself is more like digital than analog:

http://phys.org/news/2016-02-physici...hilosophy.html

The article doesn't speculate,... but I wonder if this lends any credence to the idea that the universe is a hologram (?).
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

I think you're stretching the science to make a very dubious point.

Yes, quantum theory and Planck time indicate there are discontinuities in the universe, but ....

No "but." That's all it indicates.

Suspended
    I don't believe this concept of quantised time is new, though the suggestion that the smallest unit may be much larger than wha was previously suggested is certainly new.

The article doesn't say just how long they think this new larger quantum of time might be, but I'm sure it's going to still be so short that it will not make the slightest bit of difference to your listening pleasure.