Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Phil Collins won back the ex-wife he never stopped loving...

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    I guess Collins kicked NY TV anchor Dana Tyler to the curb, although there is no mention of her.
    Apparently that ended some time in 2015. I guess his ex wife is the one with the invisible touch. Though she will mess up his life he wants her just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    He was on Good Morning Britain TV last week & he hobbled in using a walking stick! He said that any reunion with the PG line-up is not possible due to his physical condition. He said he was going out for lunch on the Saturday with Mike & Tony for lunch to celebrate his birthday but not to read anything into it!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Oy! The stories about Phil's infatuation with Alamo, his belief that he's an Alamo soldier reincarnated, the fact that he's spent 5 million pounds on Alamo paraphernalia... well I begin to question his judgment, if not his sanity.

How much has each person here spent (to date) on music appreciation as a hobby? If Phil spent that amount on any memorabilia, it seems he can afford it and 5 mill doesn't seem that large when considering what this cat has earned during his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post

How much has each person here spent (to date) on music appreciation as a hobby? If Phil spent that amount on any memorabilia, it seems he can afford it and 5 mill doesn't seem that large when considering what this cat has earned during his career.
    seriously...this guy can't win can he?

^Whatever he does, some here find a way to have a dig at him.

Personally it's seemed to me he's not been happy since they split way back when, so good for Phil.

He was on Good Morning Britain TV last week & he hobbled in using a walking stick!
    Try not to sound too delighted.

Phil Collins ruined divorce!

He was a wonderful drummer. It's kind of sad he can't do that anymore. All the money in the world won't bring that back.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Apparently that ended some time in 2015. I guess his ex wife is the one with the invisible touch. Though she will mess up his life he wants her just the same.
    And now I know!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    He was a wonderful drummer. It's kind of sad he can't do that anymore. All the money in the world won't bring that back.
    Agree 100%
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Selling Marriage by the Pound.

Phil Collins could be drumming again around 2020 to 2025. Let the rejuvenation therapies begin!

He was on Good Morning Britain TV last week & he hobbled in using a walking stick! He said that any reunion with the PG line-up is not possible due to his physical condition. He said he was going out for lunch on the Saturday with Mike & Tony for lunch to celebrate his birthday but not to read anything into it!
    The interview is on YouTube. In fairness, Phil explains the cane and the accident that caused it. He pretty much plays it off as not a big deal and says that other than the injured ankle, he is fine. The whole deal that people are trying to make about the cane seems completely overblown.

re: the petition to stop Phil from returning to music: did we ever figure out if that was actually serious or just someone's idea of sarcastic prank or whatever?

I think the thing you have to realize is that, what we remember Phil for (eg 70's era Genesis, Brand X, etc) isn't the same thing that most people remember him for, eg 80's era Genesis (and mainly the singles), sometimes good (but not always) solo records, Miami Vice, and that stupid Budweiser commercial (it was Budweiser, wasn't it?).

The vast majority of the people out there, especially Stateside, are clueless about what Phil did before 1982. They're also probably clueless about much of what he did after 1982, because we're talking about the kind of people who only know the dren that get's played on the radio. So they may remember In Too Deep, Illegal Alien or Sussudio, but they have no clue that there was also Domino, Home By The Sea, and A Long Long Way To Go. And you can forget about them knowing about Supper's Ready, Dance On A Volcano, or even Duke's Travels, for that matter (because the only two songs from Duke they've ever heard are Misunderstanding and Turn It On Again...unless they saw them in concert, of course).

And since we're talking about people who don't read album credits (because most of the time, they don't even buy albums, they just buy singles or maybe just listen to the radio), they don't know that he produced some excellent records for Frida Lynstadt, Eric Clapton, and others during the 80's (though if you listen to I Know There's Something Going On, you'd have to be completely tone deaf to not make a connection between that and something like In The Air Tonight).

So for a lot of people, Phil represents all the dren about the 80's that they thought stunk to high heaven, and don't want to be reminded about. His omnipresence on Stateside radio (if not worldwide), MTV, and VH-1 probably didn't endear him to people who are easily annoyed by the omnipresent. And though it was a blip on the screen in comparison to his musical career, doing a guest turn on the most popular "crime drama" (as TV Guide used to call shows like Miami Vice) of the era probably further helped alienate said constituents.

So, to sum up, there's a lot of people who only know Phil Collins as the pop music guy who sometimes played drums (for reasons that were surely unfathomable to them) and who moonlit as an actor (though we know his acting career actually predates his musical career, but that's another story). And those are maybe the people who are having a potentially uneasy feeling about Phil attempting any kind of comeback.

For me personally, it doesn't matter. If he wants to make another record or go on tour, in whatever capacity he has the ability, fine. If he does something I like, fine that would be cool. If not, that's cool, too. I don't expect him or anyone else to make music I want to hear. There's already too frelling much music for me to absorb as it is, it's enough to drive anyone magro-fahrbouht. If he wants to make a crummy pop record, or even a crummy singer/songwriter record, I got no beef with that.

Glad to read that Phil is happy. Love the guy...he was a big part of my life, going through high school in the 80s

I'm glad he. Happy. I was a big influence on me drumming wise, me being left handed too. I based a lot of my early style on the Duke/ Abacab styles he employed. Hope it can get back to somewhere near that again.

Phil ruined WCBS-TV (ch. 2 in NY). Anchor Dana Tyler hasn't been back to the stu-stu-studio since Phil went back to his ex.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2632130

**What a Philthy rat.

Pop star Phil Collins is behind the disappearance of Dana Tyler, the beloved WCBS/Ch. 2 anchor who has been off the air since February nursing a broken heart after the “Invisible Touch” singer — her longtime, live-in boyfriend — dumped the local news goddess to reconcile with his ex-wife, Orianne Cevey. “Dana’s been trying to put her life back together,” a source close to Tyler told Confidenti@l. “She and Phil were a couple for around 10 years — and then he pulled the rug out from under her.”**

Philthy rat.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Was wondering where Dana went----not easy being dumped at 57. Maybe she can get boy toy Ray Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    Maybe she can get boy toy Ray Wilson.
    Sloppy seconds?

Ooh, I can't believe I just typed that!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Sloppy seconds?
    Wouldn't it be Sloppy Seconds Out?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, she was pretty!

But married three times - he's an easy lover.
    Better an easy lover than a Uzi lover!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    ... Even though she'd married another man and he'd paid her £25m divorce money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...rce-money.html

I know this forum isn't a site one should delve into someone's personal issues, although many threads seem to veer in that direction often before they're closed, but here's a real good, happy ending (?) story to a beloved musician's life. Key part of this article comes at the end where Phil state's what has already been disclosed-
    **Despite his ill health, Phil is more focused on music than he has been since his 2002 album Testify, the last collection of new material he released. ‘I’m no longer officially retired. The horse is out of the stable and I’m raring to go.’ And he adds, beaming: ‘It’s on my wish list to be happy.’**

Another tabloid article- **Phil moved back to America last year from Switzerland to be closer to his two sons Matthew and Nicholas, and Orianne, after problems with alcoholism.
    In June he purchased Jennifer Lopez's $33million mansion and has been living there after recovering from surgery in October last year.**
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...rianne-7269387 - There is a recent video of Phil coming out of a car, sadly doesn't look like he'll be hitting those skins anytime soon.
    I'm happy for Phil that he's now cock-a-hoop!