Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OMG!! Hilary Duff is an ELP Fan!??!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Yep. And I stand by it.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but extremely unlikely.
    lovely

Not only does it have the ELP logo and a dove, but it says "Emerson, Lake" at the bottom.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    Not only does it have the ELP logo and a dove, but it says "Emerson, Lake" at the bottom.
    The writing is blurry. Can't read what it says. Can someone enlarge it further?

It's a US '77 tour shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    The writing is blurry. Can't read what it says. Can someone enlarge it further?
    Did you look at the picture in the article that links to the video?

Banned
    It's a US '77 tour shirt.
    ahh ok cool.

Last edited by A. Scherze; 01-11-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Banned
    Did you look at the picture in the article that links to the video?
    Oh, I did, and I totally missed that. Silly me. I guess I was distracted by the MILFy goodness that is Hillary.

Banned
    I said that I saw it.

meimjustalawnmower
    I'm sure that's one of those fake distressed reproduction concert tees that you can buy at Target, Walmart and FYE. Hipsters buy that shit.

Banned
    I'd love to see a shirt like that in Target or Wal-mart. I'd definately pick one up.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    I'd definately pick one up.
    Pick up a dictionary while you're at it.

Banned
    Although I doubt it, if anyone were to see this shirt at Kohls or Wal-mart or Target or where ever, please post! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    I'm sure that's one of those fake distressed reproduction concert tees that you can buy at Target, Walmart and FYE.
    It's cool as shit in any case that she's wearing it

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    It's cool as shit in any case that she's wearing it

BG
    exactly. I think those so-called "fake distressed" (which they are not, they are licensed) are cool shirts. I've gotten a few soda beverage and TV show shirts. Oh and Pac Man one. Gotta have a Pac-man distressed shirt.

meimjustalawnmower
    Back in '77 they didn't make tees in separate fitted styles for men and women, and if they did it wasn't common. The shirt she's wearing would also seem to be based on what was referred to during that time as "bootleg shirts", which were sold just outside the boundaries of the venues. Most of those shirts were thin and cheap and wouldn't last very long with average wear. The designs were shitty too, just like that one. An official shirt would have used the dove image from the first ELP album, if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    Back in '77 they didn't make tees in separate fitted styles for men and women, and if they did it wasn't common. The shirt she's wearing would also seem to be based on what was referred to during that time as "bootleg shirts", which were sold just outside the boundaries of the venues. Most of those shirts were thin and cheap and wouldn't last very long with average wear. The designs were shitty too, just like that one. An official shirt would have used the dove image from the first ELP album, if that were the case.
    I bought a bootleg shirt at a Yes show back in the late 90's, which was being sold by the vendor as a "vintage tour t-shirt", which I knew it wasn't, but I bought it anyway. The reason? Because on the front, the artwork depicted the band with Jon and Rick, and on the back, it showed the band with Trevor H and Geoff! And it was only 10 bucks.

I've bought a few of the bootleg shirts over the years. Sometimes they have more interesting artwork - like Chris' above - and you could usually haggle the vendor down to $5.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    bootleg t-shirts have been around forever and will always be around. I get them sometimes too but I know they won't last very long. I have seen a guy selling Bootleg shirts outside the Keswick Theater (not very often) that not only have the band that was playing but also had the Keswick Theater name on it too (meaning not just a list of all tour dates - the Keswick Theater name would be on the front of the shirt like where a Polo logo would be and then the band artwork in the back)

meimjustalawnmower
    Peter Grant hates all you bitches.

^Where's his cricket bat?^

^Where's his cricket bat?^
    I'm not sure if he just ate it, or if it's just lodged firmly up his ass.

She probably ran out of clothes because they were in the laundry and had to borrow a t shirt from her mom.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)