Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 313

Thread: What have they done?

  1. #276
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Savarin was a Sci-Fi writer who made a solo Prog-Rock album, and was in Julian's Treatment.
    Of Course, he wasn't allowed to use the Name Julian's Treatment anymore so the solo Album is actually the second Album by them.

  2. #277
    I’ve read those Lemmus books and let me tell you, they are heinous! Hardly counts as a “trilogy,” as the third is just a bunch of labored Twilight Zone-knockoff short stories with a flimsy wraparound to try to tie them into the earlier books. I uncovered a period review where the reviewer refused to believe it was a real book, and not a National Lampoon-esque parody.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

  3. #278

  4. #279
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I’ve read those Lemmus books and let me tell you, they are heinous! Hardly counts as a “trilogy,” as the third is just a bunch of labored Twilight Zone-knockoff short stories with a flimsy wraparound to try to tie them into the earlier books. I uncovered a period review where the reviewer refused to believe it was a real book, and not a National Lampoon-esque parody.
    I've not read those, though I was tempted at one point. I've only read two of his early-90s technothrillers, where an elite NATO squadron of European aviators (plus the obligatory Yank) fly souped-up Tornados with super-AAMs against Russian hardware in extremely far-fetched scenarios, and not just because the whole Cold War background that these kinds of novels depended was fast on its way to the dustbin of history. Okay, the view point was slightly different from the usual genre fare, but mostly those novels were workman-like rehashing of conventions. Looking at his bibliography, Savarin seems to have done that most of his career, following trends and working on old ideas for most of his career.

    By the way, I know that English is my second language, but am I really the only one who, having first heard about Waiters on the Dance, thought: "What, a sci-fi concept album about dancing waiters?"

  5. #280
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I think Thijs van Leer was part of this...

  6. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I think Thijs van Leer was part of this...
    Yes, and I think the Sylvia on this is the Sylvia from the Focus song.

  7. #282

  8. #283
    I believe that's Jan Akkerman on the left.

  9. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I believe that's Jan Akkerman on the left.
    I'm not sure who it is, but Jan Akkerman was part of this band. I could have posted another video, but that would have been a giveaway, because the name Jan Akkerman was in the description.

  10. #285
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123

  11. #286
    A former member of a European prog band wrote this tune for Japanese singer Yoko Katori:

    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

  12. #287
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    A former member of a European prog band wrote this tune for Japanese singer Yoko Katori:
    Haha, I knew that has to be written by someone Dutch after a few seconds. Thought that was someone from Earth & Fire,
    but Pim Koopman from Kayak wasn't that far away

  13. #288
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123
    #285 Is About the real life Job of a very well known (but not from the 70s) Prog artist

  14. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Haha, I knew that has to be written by someone Dutch after a few seconds. Thought that was someone from Earth & Fire,
    but Pim Koopman from Kayak wasn't that far away
    It is a song from Diesel, which was the group with Pim Koopman.

  15. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    #285 Is About the real life Job of a very well known (but not from the 70s) Prog artist
    Don't know this series. Is he a dentist? Then it might be Kenso's guitarist.

  16. #291
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Don't know this series. Is he a dentist? Then it might be Kenso's guitarist.
    I think that Show is running for ages now. A well kown American prog Artist is a Producer (director) of the show

  17. #292
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    7,131
    ^ Well, that would be Generally Hospitable.

  18. #293
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Well, that would be Generally Hospitable.
    Sorry, I don't get that..

    However that guy takes a great leap to reach Doomsday (with torches to see the infernal (Maybe 7 of them))
    Last edited by TheH; 1 Week Ago at 04:42 PM.

  19. #294
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    7,131
    Yeah, it's Mr. X, producer or director or something of GH.

  20. #295
    The only prog artist I know that directs soap operas is Phideaux (Xavier).
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

  21. #296
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123
    Yes Phideaux of course

  22. #297

  23. #298
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Haha, I hope Ton made some Money with that one...

  24. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Haha, I hope Ton made some Money with that one...
    It is basicly Kayak with a different singer and a different drummer.

    Don't think it really made them money.

  25. #300

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •