Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One album different singer

Signe Anderson - Jefferson Airplane
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Signe Anderson - Jefferson Airplane
    "So how many bands can you think of that went a long time with the same singer then all of a sudden had a different singer"

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    Wasn't he on the first album, rather than the last?
    Yep. To be fair, it was really a different band after he left.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Joy Unlimited had two one-album wonders after Joy Fleming (the lady for whom they were named) left: Ken Traylor (on Reflections) and Joschi Dinier (on Minne).
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    "So how many bands can you think of that went a long time with the same singer then all of a sudden had a different singer"
    point taken
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Fairport Convention Judy Dyble

Suspended
    People are simply not bothering to read the OP before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Captain Beyond had one with someone other than Rod Evans.
    Willy Daffern, who appeared as Willie Dee with Gary Moore's G-Force.

People are simply not bothering to read the OP before posting.
    Yeah but I'm not really strict with that. Yes, that was what I had in mind initially but I'm more than happy to read examples where even the first album was different than the others that came later such as Signe Anderson with Jefferson Airplane and even I included Dream Theater as an example(who's original singer was only on the first album).

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    Mikael Rifkors with the Hollies "Romany" (although I have read there was a second album with him never released in the U.S.)
    Forgot about this one. Romany has some really great things on it....Rickfors' vocal on the cover of 'Down River' is truly exceptional. They managed to move into a CSN-style sound (yes, very ironic!) quite well in this period.

I don't think the 2nd album Out On The Road was released at all outside of Germany at the time. And some of its songs were repurposed with different vocals later. It is easily found now in that set that came out last year....Changin' Times or whatever it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yep. To be fair, it was really a different band after he left.
    Well, 3/5 members were still there. Only Laine and bass player Clint Warwick were different. Obviously musically it's very different...not sure this line-up did anything that great apart from the obvious 'Go Now' cover.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Well, 3/5 members were still there. Only Laine and bass player Clint Warwick were different. Obviously musically it's very different...not sure this line-up did anything that great apart from the obvious 'Go Now' cover.
    Wow. Until now, I didn't know that "Go Now" wasn't an original.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Yep, that was my point. Once Justin and John joined, it was essentially new.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Well this one didn't result in an album... almost did, but didn't. We DID, however, get a live video concert with this guy.
    Asia - Greg Lake

Wow. Until now, I didn't know that "Go Now" wasn't an original.
    None of their originals at the time were that good. It's an R&B song by Bessie Banks. Much of their first album is made up of covers.

Similar to the Signe Anderson/JA example is Earth Wind & Fire. Maurice White's passing reminded me of their early years and they released their first two albums in 1971 with Sherry Scott on lead vocals before they brought in Philip Bailey. I know, it's two albums, not one like mentioned in the OP - but thought it was worth adding it to the mix here since their sound changed a bit once Bailey and others arrived in 1972.

Focus Con Proby - PJ Proby
    In Hearing Of Atomic Rooster - Pete French
    'Ot 'n Sweaty - Cactus - Pete French
    Child Is Father To The Man BST - Al Cooper

Atomic Rooster - Nick Grabham
    Mirror Spooky Tooth - Mike Patto

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    Child Is Father To The Man BST - Al Cooper
    They had an album called Mirror Image in the 70's with a singer named Jerry LaCroix who was only on that album (sharing lead vocals with another singer named Jerry Fisher who was with them for three albums).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Ricky Lancelotti and Kin Vassy on Zappa's Overnight Sensation
    I don't know about Kin, but Ricky also appeared on Lather and The Lost Episodes.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    I don't know about Kin, but Ricky also appeared on Lather and The Lost Episodes.
    I would say those don't really count, since they were session leftovers that came out on albums that were released posthumously.

Quote Originally Posted by pb2015 View Post
    They had an album called Mirror Image in the 70's with a singer named Jerry LaCroix who was only on that album (sharing lead vocals with another singer named Jerry Fisher who was with them for three albums).
    Jerry LaCroix was also with Edgar Winter's White Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Similar to the Signe Anderson/JA example is Earth Wind & Fire. Maurice White's passing reminded me of their early years and they released their first two albums in 1971 with Sherry Scott on lead vocals before they brought in Philip Bailey. I know, it's two albums, not one like mentioned in the OP - but thought it was worth adding it to the mix here since their sound changed a bit once Bailey and others arrived in 1972.
    They also brought in Jessica Cleave to replace her on Head to the Sky, which I think is the only album on which she appears.
    Last edited by Progbear; 02-06-2016 at 10:07 PM.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...