Thread: OT question - Please halp me with my confusion...

OT question - Please halp me with my confusion...

I am somewhat confused on what belongs in the OT forum and what belongs in The Main Forum.

For example, Why are these The Main Board: "Jazz on a Summer's Day", "New David Bowie Album", "Vaughan Williams", "Supercomputer composed this in a second"?

Then, on the OT board, I see, "Journey:Pre-Steve Perry Era", "The RIO Essential Purchases Thread Continues", "What was your very first progressive rock concert?".

To me, these seem to be on the wrong boards. Am I missing something? Should I just shut the f up?

EDIT: See that? I am so confused, I meant to post this on the OT board, not the Main Board.
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simon moon View Post
    EDIT: See that? I am so confused, I meant to post this on the OT board, not the Main Board.
    I think this is the reason why the categories seem a bit hazy. People just make mistakes. Sometimes the mods catch it and fix 'em, sometimes it escapes their notice. Just try and do your best, and I think things will work out.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Banned
    ...will be your epitaph...

I think all list threads go in OT, regardless of their progginess.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I think this is the reason why the categories seem a bit hazy. People just make mistakes. Sometimes the mods catch it and fix 'em, sometimes it escapes their notice. Just try and do your best, and I think things will work out.
    This. Mear in mind that the mods actually have day jobs, and are not able to study every thread. We fix 'em when we see 'em, we can't when we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    I think all list threads go in OT, regardless of their progginess.
    And this

Progressive Music Discussion (THE MAIN BOARD)
    The ON-TOPIC board for progressive music and directly related discussions (but not threads that are lists-of-lists)

Off-Topic (OT) - Music And Arts
    Off-Topic (OT) - discussions about other forms of music and arts. Includes threads with Lists of ... whatever. (Post music-related RIP notices here.)
    Regards,

Duncan

You guys might as well just give up. There are still multiple RIP threads on the Main Page for the same person. RIP threads are often started there. Despite the clear instructions under the forum headings, it's apparent that people just don't read. Otherwise, they'd know where to put the thread and they'd know someone already started a thread on that subject.

I don't know how you combat that.

We merged the multiple Potter RIP threads into one that was in the correct forum.

We left little pointers on the main forum, so people looking for the merged thread could find it. We set those pointers to disappear after 1 day.
    Regards,

Duncan