Thread: UFO- New 'live' box set

UFO- New 'live' box set

Take Flight With Hard Rock Heroes UFO In A Super Deluxe Box Set Of Vintage Live Performances From The Early ‘80s!

Los Angeles, CA - They shot across the ‘70s night sky, all flashing lights and roaring engines, streaking through Japan and Germany (where they abducted 18-year old Scorpion guitarist Michael Schenker) before descending on the UK and eventually American shores with a series of brilliant hard rock singles including “Lights Out,” “Too Hot To Handle,” “Doctor Doctor,” “Only You Can Rock Me” and many more now ubiquitous radio staples. Though Schenker would depart in 1978, the rest of the band including founding members vocalist Phil Mogg, bassist Pete Way, and drummer Andy Parker alongside lead guitarist Paul Chapman retooled their spaceship and carried on into the early ‘80s dropping such influential classics as No Place To Run, The Wild, The Willing & The Innocent, and Mechanix.
    Now, comes Live Sightings, a magnificent 4CD box set featuring vintage live performances from the early ‘80s that finds Mogg & Co. blasting through highlights from those 3 crucial records such as “No Place To Run,” “Lonely Heart,” and “We Belong To The Night,” and seamlessly blending them in with the group’s more well-known spawn. Boasting 4CDs each in its own mini jacket with printed inner sleeve, this extraordinary box set also features a lavish 12”x12” 16-page booklet with full color photos and extensive liner notes plus two carefully duplicated printings of vintage tour programs. There’s even a special bonus live LP from 1972 of the only known recordings of guitarist Larry Wallis (Pink Fairies / Motörhead)! Fans of UFO and early hard rock will not want to miss this incredible piece of music history. Launch date is February 5 courtesy of Cleopatra Records!

Track List:
    DISC 1: Chicago 1980
    1. Lettin' Go
    2. Young Blood
    3. No Place to Run
    4. Cherry
    5. Only You Can Rock Me
    6. Love to Love
    7. Mystery Train
    8. Doctor Doctor
    9. Too Hot to Handle
    10. Lights Out
    11. Rock Bottom
    12. Shoot Shoot

DISC 2: Chicago 1981
    1. The Wild, The Willing & The Innocent
    2. Only You Can Rock Me
    3. Long Gone
    4. Lonely Heart
    5. Cherry
    6. No Place to Run
    7. Love to Love
    8. Making Moves
    9. Mystery Train
    10. Too Hot to Handle
    11. Lights Out
    12. Rock Bottom
    13. Doctor Doctor

DISC 3: St Louis 1982
    1. We Belong to the Night
    2. Let It Rain
    3. Long Gone
    4. No Place to Run
    5. The Wild, The Willing & The Innocent
    6. Only You Can Rock Me
    7. Terri
    8. Making Moves
    9. Doing It All For You
    10. Too Hot To Handle
    11. Lights Out
    12. Mystery Train

DISC 4: Cleveland 1982
    1. We Belong To The Night
    2. Let It Rain
    3. Long Gone
    4. The Wild, The Willing And The Innocent
    5. Only You Can Rock Me
    6. Terri
    7. Doing It All For You
    8. Too Hot to Handle
    9. Lights Out

LP 1: Early Flight - 1972
    SIDE A
    1. Silver Bird
    2. Galactic Love
    3. C’mon Everybody
    4. Boogie For George

SIDE B
    1. Back In The USA
    2. Mean Woman Blues
    3. Stop Breakin' Down Blues
    4. Johnny B. Goode

I really like their first two albums and their first live album. After that they lost a bit of their originality.